day one

a song from the first musical you saw/heard

technically, the first musical i ever saw was a local production of 'annie get your gun' when i was like, 5. but my mom used to play the 'sound of music' soundtrack every time we were in the car when i was a literal baby up until i started pre-school. i also saw 'cats' when i was 9. so i guess those are my answers. but i also didn't really care for musicals that much back then, so i don't really count these answers, lol.

the first musical that got me into theater when i got older was 'hamilton', back in 2017 when i was 18. that's the one that i consider the first musical that i really listened to. it's also the first one i'd seen since i'd gotten into musical theater.

i think my favorite song from 'annie get your gun' is "my defenses are down". it always was, even when i was a kid. my favorite song from hamilton... that's a little more difficult. i guess at this current moment, it would be "who lives, who dies, who tells your story", but that changes all the time. my favorite song from 'the sound of music'... not sure. i'm not a big fan of this one. i guess it would be either "maria" or "sixteen going on seventeen"; probably the latter.

so in conclusion, i guess my answers are "my defenses are down" from 'annie get your gun' for the first musical i saw, and "sixteen going on seventeen" from 'the sound of music' for the first musical i heard (and "who lives, who dies, who tells your story" from 'hamilton' for both, as an adult).

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 3, 2019