day seventeen

a song from a musical that has the best music

wOw, i WoNdEr WhAt My AnSwEr FoR tHiS oNe Is?!?!?

it's 'hamilton'. and no one is surprised.

'hamilton' is my all time favorite musical, so of course i think it has the best music of all the ones i've heard (though, 'in the heights' and 'amélie' are really close seconds). i think this question is referring to the songs in general and not just the background music, but whichever one it's referring to, 'hamilton' is still my favorite.

i noticed how amazing the instrumentation(?) in 'hamilton' is the first time i listened to it. granted, i hadn't actually heard any other musicals at that time, but i was seriously blown away by the production. shout out to the roots. they're incredible, honestly. their talent with production is a big reason why i love the 'hamilton mixtape' so much.

but yeah, i don't really have a lot to say about this one. i feel like i've talked about 'hamilton' enough at this point. i don't really need to explain why i think it's has the best music. it just does in my opinion.

i'll give an honorable mention to 'anastasia' because i just listened to that musical for the first time and the music is just so pretty. like, it's not my favorite and i don't think it's the best necessarily, but it's so beautiful and it's really nice to listen to.

so i guess my answer for today will be the musical song which i think has the best production, which is "the room where it happens" from 'hamilton'. i love the instrumental version of this song so much. i just really love the way this one sounds.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 26, 2019