day twenty-two

a song from the musical you wish was made into a movie

i have a lot of answers for this one, lol. obviously 'hamilton' is one, but i'm not really sure how well that would even work. it'd be amazing to have a pro-shot, but i don't think that's what this question is referring to. 'in the heights' would be my second answer, but we're already getting a movie for this one!!! i'm literally so excited for it. i genuinely don't think i've ever been this excited for a movie release in my life (expect for maybe that one direction movie in 2013, but that's a story for another day).

a lot of the musicals i'm into were movies first that were adapted for the stage, like 'amélie', 'newsies', 'mean girls', etc. i'm pretty sure 'finding neverland' was a movie first too. oh, and 'shrek', of course. and 'the lightning thief'. and 'legally blonde'... i really gotta branch out more, lmao.

obviously for movies like 'mean girls' and 'legally blonde' which weren't musicals in the original movie versions, it'd be cool to see those as musical-movies, if that makes sense. i'm sure there's an official word for musicals that are adapted to film, but i don't know what it is. please educate me, lol.

'dear evan hansen' would be a pretty boring movie in my opinion. i don't know why i feel that way, i just do. i guess 'be more chill' would actually be pretty cool if they just changed the music entirely. like, the plot is really interesting, but i know it came from a book, so that kind of feels like cheating for this answer. i don't know why.

i thought i would have a lot of answers for this question, but i'm realizing that a lot of them don't really qualify. hmm... the 'legally blonde' musical turned into a movie that includes the music numbers would be really cool. the musical is so much better than the movie in my opinion. elle and emmett have approximately zero chemistry in the movie version, but they're so cute in the musical version that it makes me want to cry. also, the music is amazing, so i really prefer the musical to the film.

so i guess my final answer for today is "so much better" from the 'legally blonde' musical. that's my favorite song, i think. "blood in the water" and "legally blonde" are close seconds. the musical is so much better than the movie (i didn't even realize what i did until i just read it back, lmao).

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: september 1, 2019