day nine

a song from the musical you know all (or nearly all) the lines to

i missed so many days, rip. i've just been playing sims 4 constantly. also i went to a khalid concert on the 14th, which was really cool. that has nothing to do with why i didn't make any posts for this challenge, but i just wanted to mention it, lol.

anyways, back to the question of the day. i definitely know all of the words to every single song in 'hamilton', without a doubt. i've listened to this musical probably 100+ times. i did realize pretty recently that i had one of the lyrics wrong for the past two years. i always thought the line, "this man has poisoned my political pursuits," from "the world was wide enough" was, "this man is poisoned by political pursuits," and honestly, the lyric i thought it was is still pretty cool.

i'm pretty proud of knowing every word to every song from this show because there are a lot of songs and a lot of words. this information is pretty pointless in my everyday life, but i don't really care. the only part i kind of struggle with is lafayette's/daveed's rap in "guns and ships" (duh). i know all of the words, but it's so hard to keep up with in my head, lmao. daveed diggs is a godsend, tbh.

anyways, one of the most powerful lyrical moments in the show for me is hamilton's monologue in "my shot", or his monologue at the end of "the world was wide enough". they're so incredible??? i don't know how to explain it, but lin-manuel miranda is goddamn genius.

i guess the song i'll choose for this answer is "my shot" from 'hamilton'. there are a lot of words in that one, and they're some pretty good words.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 18, 2019