day twelve

a song you could listen to all day

i think i have two answers for this one, and i don't know how i'm going to choose between them. the first one is "no one else" from 'natasha, pierre and the great comet of 1812' (p.s., the lack of oxford comma in that title drives me insane). the second one is "when the booth goes bright" from 'amélie'.

i think i mentioned this on another day, but i haven't actually listened to any other songs from 'the great comet'. i only know about it because of phillipa soo. but "no one else" is genuinely one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard in my life. it's in my top 5 favorites of all time. i don't know anything about the context of the song, but it's so pretty. i don't really know why i love it so much, honestly. it's just so beautiful and nice to listen to.

"when the booth goes bright" is the warmest song in existence. it's kind of depressing, but also really sweet? it's bittersweet, just like all of 'amélie', tbh. i listen to this song every time it comes on shuffle, which is rare since i usually end up skipping every song that comes on. it feels so much like fall to me, too. again, i can't really explain why i love this song so much. it's so beautiful. and adam chanler-berat's voice is A+++.

hm. i don't know which one to put for this answer. i think i'm gonna go with "no one else" from 'natasha, pierre and the great comet of 1812' because i'm not gonna use this show for any other answers, and also the song is just really beautiful and i love it so much.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 21, 2019