day seven

a song sung by your favorite female singer in a musical

oof, so i missed two days in a row already. i couldn't even manage ten straight days... smh. in my defense, though, i had a really bad migraine on august 9 that carried over the the 10th, and i didn't feel like doing anything.

anyways, my favorite female singer in a musical is 100% phillipa soo. i love her voice so much. it's the definition of perfection. it's so pretty and smooth and i could honestly listen to it all day.

i loved her voice so much in 'hamilton' that it's what made me look her up to see if she'd done anything else and i saw the 'amélie' soundtrack that had just come out. i also saw that she was in 'the great comet' (p.s., if someone could fill me in on why there are two cast albums for that show, that would be great. i know pippa was in one, and then i know of denée benton in another version, but i don't know what the difference between the two albums are).

i've only heard one song from 'the great comet' and that's "no one else" because i saw that pippa sang it, and since i loved her voice so much, it was the only one i listened to at the time. that song is in my top five favorite songs of all time. it's genuinely one of the most beautiful things i've heard in my entire life.

i also really love her voice in "where do we go from here" from 'amélie'. but it's not a solo song so i won't count it for this answer. also, "burn" from 'hamilton' is a classic, obviously. "sister's pickle" from 'amélie' is also iconic. she sounds so good on every song she sings, hence why she's my favorite female vocalist in any musical.

i think for today, though, my number one answer for the most beautiful song sung by my favorite female artist in a musical is going to be "no one else" from 'natasha, pierre and the great comet of 1812', sung by phillipa soo. it's just... so beautiful, man. i don't know. i could listen to it 24/7 and never get tired of it. i have no idea what the song is about, but it's so beautiful that i don't care.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 11, 2019