day five

a song that makes you happy

there are so many songs i could put for this one. i'm just going to list a few and then pick one at the end, i guess: 

"something about this night" from 'finding neverland' is so uplifting and makes me feel optimistic. 

"so much better" from 'legally blonde' makes me happy for elle and it makes me feel powerful. 

"carnaval del barrio" from 'in the heights' makes me super happy. it's such a fun vibe, but it also makes me sad because it reminds me of all the people who are leaving and i feel really bad for sonny.

"helpless" from 'hamilton' also makes me super happy, especially the end when hamilton's like, "my life's gonna be fine 'cause eliza's in it," and eliza responds, "i look into your eyes and the sky's the limit." it just makes my heart so warm.

i don't know which one of these makes me the happiest. i feel like a lot of my answers these next 30 days are going to come from 'hamilton', so when i have the option of other songs, i'm going to try to use those instead so this whole challenge isn't just 'hamilton' songs, lol.

so i guess, if i had to pick, my answer for today is going to be "so much better" from 'legally blonde'. it's just such an empowering moment in the show for elle and it makes me so happy for her. if you haven't seen the show or the movie, this is where she sees that she's actually really good at the whole ~law~ thing and realizes she doesn't need a man (warner) to make her happy. i love this song and this show so much :')

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 7, 2019