day twenty-seven

a song from a musical you'd love to see with all of your favorite performers

i don't really know what this question means??? does it mean like, my favorite obc that i'd love to see live??? or does it mean like, my dream cast for a certain musical??? idk, but i'm going with the former. i'm gonna assume this question is referring to the obc that i'd love to see perform.

if that's the case, then my answer is either 'hamilton' or 'in the heights' (probably 'hamilton', though). i just love that cast so much. i've found so many other musicals and new music through them. like, i love anthony ramos's songs so much. and as i've mentioned before, i found 'amélie', one of my favorite musicals of all time, because of phillipa soo. i really love everything that daveed diggs does. i know that jonathan groff was in 'spring awakening', but i haven't listened to that one yet (i am planning on it at some point).

and then, of course, there's lin-manuel miranda, who's the one that really opened me up to tons of other things that i probably wouldn't have found otherwise. that includes just various songs that he'd put on his spotify mixes, artists that i found through the 'hamilton mixtape' and hamildrops, and other music genres that i probably wouldn't have ventured into.

the point of saying all of this is to show why this obc is my favorite (besides their obvious talent). i've discovered so much because of them. they're the first musical cast i really got to know, since 'hamilton' was the first musical i ever really cared about. it would just be so cool to see them perform live (and not just on the uh... b***leg...).

i guess the one song that i would really love to see performed is "non-stop" from the 'hamilton' obc. that song just shows off so many of their talents (including the ensemble!!!). the other day,, i discovered the word for parts in musicals when all the characters sing different parts at the same time, but i forgot what it is. but it's one of the main reasons i love that song so much. it's just so good!!! this entry was all over the place, but the point is that i would give anything to be able to go back in time and see the obc of 'hamilton' perform.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: september 9, 2019