day twenty-four

a song that makes you laugh

i missed a few more days, but who cares at this point. no one is reading this except me, lmao. anyways, this song i immediately thought of for this answer is "sincerely, me" from 'dear evan hansen'. what a classic. there are so many funny points in that song that genuinely make me laugh every time, mainly because of mike faist. he just plays connor so well, idk (well, evan's version of connor).

like, "if i stop smoking drugs, then everything might be alright," makes me laugh so hard. it's just so dumb. and the way evan/ben sounds during the line, "i'm sending pictures of the most amazing trees," is hilarious. he just sounds so happy. and the way he says, "CRACK!?!?" is great.

and the part when they're all singing the line, "sincerely, me" together and it's really pretty-sounding and then mike/connor comes in with, "my sister's hot," is iconic. i just really love the back and forth between the characters in this song. it's so funny. AND, "the only man that i love is my dad," is one of my favorite lines. it's just... so stupid. and the very persistent "no homo" is a very teenage boy-thing to do.

the song "sexy" from 'mean girls' deserves an honorable mention. karen is iconic. that beginning part still makes me laugh every time even though i've heard it so many times.

but i think my answer for today is going to be "sincerely, me" from 'dear evan hansen'. that song is so funny. it really stands out from the soundtrack since all of the others songs are so sad. i just think it's really fun and catchy, and i really like mike faist, lol.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: september 5, 2019