day eight

a song sung by your favorite male singer in a musical

i missed another day in a row, rip. i have no excuse this time. i'm just lazy.

anyways, my favorite male singer in a musical is 100% christopher jackson. i know him from 'in the heights' and 'hamilton', and i don't know if he's been in any other musicals or not. i know he has a regular album, too.

his voice is the only thing i want to hear for the rest of my life. it's so sweet and the notes he hits... omg. i can think of a few of my favorite standout vocal moments from him. one of them is that one part in "when you're home" from 'in the heights' that's like, "but nina, please believe that when you find your way again, you're gonna change the world, and then we are gonna brag and say we knew her when this was your home." i can't even describe the way that part makes me feel.

and then there's the way he says, "alexander," at the end of "guns and ships" from 'hamilton'. it's the most beautiful thing i've ver heard.

and then there's the entirety of "one last time" from 'hamilton' (and also the 44 remix version with obama that he did for the hamildrops... so beautiful).

i also thought about adam chanler-berat for this answer, because i really love his voice, too. but so far the only thing i've heard with him in it is 'amélie' (i know he was in 'next to normal', which i do plan on listening to at some point). but ultimately, chris' voice is my favorite. it's just so pretty, i don't know what else to say.

i think my answer for a song sung by my favorite male singer in a musical is gonna be "when you're home" from 'in the heights', sung by christopher jackson. that part just makes me so emotional, and a good part of that is because of how smooth and sincere his voice sounds, if that makes sense. tbh, all i want in life is for chris jackson to release a christmas album.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 13, 2019