day sixteen

a song from your least favorite musical by your favorite composer

so as i said yesterday, lin-manuel miranda is my favorite musical composer (assuming that means writer. i still haven't looked it up to make sure, but that's what i'm going with anyways). so of the four musicals i know he's been involved with ('hamilton', 'in the heights', '21 chump street', and 'bring it on'), my least favorite is 'bring it on'.

don't get me wrong. i love this musical so much. i talked about it in my ✦ let's talk about musicals ✦ book, so i'm just going to briefly explain my thoughts here. i think the music is really fun, and all of the actors are incredible. this show gets an A+++ for its diversity and inclusivity. but compared to the other three of his shows, it's not as good in my opinion.

to be fair, 'hamilton' and 'in the heights' are some pretty stiff competition. but there are a few songs that i'm just not as into on the 'bring it on' soundtrack. i know that lin wrote that show with someone else (who's name i can't remember at the moment, i'm so sorry, lmao). and i'm not 100% sure which songs lin wrote and which ones the other guy wrote, so i don't know if that makes any difference in my answer.

long story short, i love 'bring it on' a lot. it's not one of my favorite shows of all the ones i've heard though, so it's obviously not my favorite by lin. some of the songs in it are some of my favorites ever, though. "killer instinct", "something isn't right here", "one perfect moment", and "it's all happening" are some of my favorites.

random thought, but literally every actor and actress in this show is incredible??? i've seen the b*** and they're all so amazing. usually there's one or two in a show that i'm not the biggest fan of, but i love all these actors and their voices.

anyways, i guess for today, my answer is going to be "killer instinct" from 'bring it on', as that's my least favorite musical by my favorite musical composer, lin-manuel miranda. i don't know if it really counts since he actually co-wrote this one, but whatever. i still love this musical a lot, but it's more like i like the other three more, not this one less, if that makes sense.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: august 25, 2019