day twenty-nine

a song from the musical you would love to be involved in (directing, singing, etc.)

i missed a few more days, but the only person i'm disappointing is myself.

anyways, so here's the sitch: i have absolutely no talent whatsoever. like, i can't sing or act or dance, and i have no authority at all, so i couldn't be a director. i don't even really know what producers do, honestly. i don't know anything about lighting or sound or anything like that. i did work for the props team for our 5th grade play, but i don't remember anything about that experience, lol.

so i don't really know how to answer this question. obviously, it would be amazing to be involved in any production just to see what it's like behind the scenes and learn how it all functions. but i don't think i'd be a very good asset to the team. i would be more of a liability.

honestly, i was kind of thinking about this the other day: i have NO idea how the staging for 'shrek' works??? like, the big castle part for "i know it's today"??? where do the other girls go??? and how does fiona do such a quick change when she turns into an ogre at the end (spoilers, btw)??? and HOW DOES SHE FLOAT??? (i'm aware that it's probably wires or something, but i still don't understand).

i guess my answer for today is going to be "i know it's today" from 'shrek', solely because i want to work backstage to see how they do the castle part. it's just so confusing??? i've watched behind the scenes stuff on youtube, and i saw the one video where they talk about designing the set, but they don't mention this part at all, and it's been driving me insane since the first time i saw it. I WANNA KNOW ALL OF THE SECRETS.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

date: september 14, 2019