Chapter One

Layla's birthday dress above. Welcome to the official first chapter for Bound and Broken Book 3: Crash and Burn 😊 Reminder this book is the only one that is updated on Tuesdays and Thurdays. Maya's Story is not. Thx for reading! ❤️
———————————————————————————Layla's POV:

"Happy 20th Birthday sweetheart!" Mother shouted once she saw me come down the hallway. Mom chuckled and Zane simply rolled his eyes.

Today was finally my 20th birthday. It wouldn't be much different as the other ones. Mom and Mother would get me expensive gifts, we'd go out to dinner. Then I'd come home and go straight back to drawing. I didn't have many friends. I preferred to stay in my room and draw. Mother let me paint on the walls.

"Here's my gifts" Mother said, handing me two big boxes. I opened one and smiled once I saw it was a bunch of canvases and art supplies. The other one was an update for my iPad. I smiled and hugged her. Mom gave me one box and a half smile. She rarely smiled at me. Unless it was my birthday.

"Can you hurry up. I want to go with my friends but Mother won't let me go unless you finish" Zane snapped. I shot him a dirty look.

"Be patient Z" Mom said.

I opened up her box and pulled out the three new credit cards. Mom always gave me money. I already had 2 credit cards. Now I have 5.

"Thank You Mom" I said, giving her a hug too. She hugged me back.

"Thank fuck" Zane said, jumping up. Mother stood up and her pet immediately blocked his path. He shoved her aside and gave her a glare.

"Move aside whore. We're done" He snapped. Jasmine looked helplessly at her Mistress, who rolled her eyes.

"Zane sit down and give her your present" She said. He huffed and stomped to his room, coming back and shoving an envelope into my hand.

"There. Bye now Princess" He snarled. He speedwalked away and was on his way down to the lobby before our parents could say anything. I opened the envelope and pulled out the dollar store card. Inside was $20 and a badly written happy birthday.

"At least it was a step up from the $3 he gave me last birthday.." I mumbled. I yelled thank you even though he couldn't of possibly heard me and gathered up all my gifts. Mom was already gone, back in her office. Her pet was sitting in the doorway charging her collar. She barely talked and when she did I could tell she had a hard time speaking English. Mother said she probably was taught some basic things for the sake of servitude.

I quickly rushed off to my room and jumped onto my bed. The walls were painted white per my request. Unfortunately the floor was wooden and couldn't be carpeted. I grabbed my iPad and sat on my bed, resuming the drawing I had started last night.

Best birthday ever..

(Time Skip)

Sky's POV:

After I spent a couple hours busy with work I went to find Maya. She was on her laptop when I walked in. Ava stood up from the floor.

"Mistress Sky? Uh..my Mistress busy" She said, stumbling over my name. I had grown used to her struggle to pronounce certain things. I simply gestured for her to sit back down.

"Busy. She's always busy. Well I want to talk" I said, loud enough so she'd hear me. Maya raised an eyebrow and ordered Ava to get out before coming over to me. I watched the girl scurry from the room before turning my attention to Maya.

"Talking hmm? That's what you want to do?" She said, giving me a teasing smile. I nodded.

"Just talking. It's our daughter's 20th birthday! I think it's time we get her a pet. She's responsible enough." I said. She sighed and went back to her desk to sit on the corner.

"Zane wants one too. Who shall we buy for him?" She asked. I frowned.

"Maya he's too young. Maybe in 2 years or so he can get one. And we can take her to the shop after dinner. Zane can get a dog maybe?" I suggested. Maya chuckled.

"A dog compared to a pet. Well I'm not buying one for Layla if Zane doesn't get one too. Just so there's no jealousy" She said. I bit my lip and thought about it.

"Fine fair enough. Now that's talking done. Why don't we have some office fun?" I said with a smirk, walking over and slamming the door shut before locking it. Maya giggled and leaned on her desk, beckoning me to her.

"Hmm. No problem with that" She mumbled, wrapping her arms around me and kissing my neck. I happily moaned.

One round wouldn't hurt

(Time Skip)

Layla's POV:

Jasmine and Ava both scurried around my room, one looking for the necklace and shoes I requested and the other trying to tidy up. It was Jasmine's job to dress me today since Ava had already finished up doing Zane. Mom and Mother dressed themselves.

"I found them Mistress Layla" Jasmine said, carefully putting the shoes by my feet and holding the necklace. I took it, then gave it back and gestured that she can put it on for me. I moved my hair out of the way and she put the black necklace around my neck, fixing my hair to cover it again. I was wearing a
knee length dress with ruffles and a slit to show off a leg. Mother had ordered it for me and I had gotten so excited when she came into my room with the bag.

Being a pet she couldn't wear dresses due to the regulations. Neither could Ava. Both of them had to wear leashes outside and at least one of us had to be holding the end. Zane loved making their lives hell. Purposely trashing his entire bedroom then lying that someone didn't clean it, which often resulted in someone being beaten. They were pets after all and by our logic we Owners were always right and they were always wrong.

I myself kept my room tidy so she wouldn't have to do much. Then I'd invite her to come sit and talk with me. Even though she was basically 40 it was fun to sit and talk about the past. When I was younger she'd be the one to play with me and take care of me. Even as a teenager she kept putting Mistress in front of my name. I told her countless times to just call me Layla if we were alone but she insisted it couldn't happen. It would be disrespecting an Owner.

"Hey Jasmine. When we get home we should go out and get ice cream again, like last time. We haven't done that in a while." I suggested. She paused from fixing my hair and looking at me in the mirror.

"You were only 12. 8 years ago and you still remember that Mistress Layla?" She said back with a smile. I nodded.

"Yes of course. You've never had ice cream in a long time I remembered your reaction. And please, please call me Layla. We're alone, nobody will hurt you" I pleaded. She sighed.

"I...I'm sorry I can't. Mistress and Mistress Maya would be unhappy. You're much different than your sister." She said. I was glad that she didn't say Mistress Layla again but also upset about her mentioning my sister I never got to meet.

Samantha. Their first daughter.

She was murdered by her own pet according to Mother, and buried on the family lot. I never got to meet her and had mixed feelings. According to Mom she was going to be the heir of her company. I asked many times if I was to be the next heir but she always seemed to ignore the question.

If she hadn't died I wouldn't of came here. Id still be homeless and living in a home until 18.

"Time to go Layla! Pet come on!" Sky called. Jasmine quickly finished my hair and raced to get me ready before rushing out of the room. I walked out after her and found her crestfallen look along with Ava's. They had to stay here. Mom had only ordered 4 seats and pets couldn't sit on the floor here. I waved goodbye to both girls as we all got into the elevator.

"I lied by the way. We just needed more room in the car." Mom said. I looked at Mother, confused. She smiled.

"Why would we need more room?" I asked. Both of them giggled.

"Well we couldn't just carry them home." Mother replied. I frowned as the elevator doors opened. Zane was sitting on the couch once we came out and got up once he saw us. He looked excited and that got me suspicious. He was never excited about my birthday. I tried to read everyone, hoping for at least a clue but there was absolutely nothing.

Them?