Epilouge (Part 3)

(3 Weeks from the Island Raid)

Erika's POV:

I pulled up to where Eve agreed to meet. It was deep in the city and it was nighttime, not a good match at 10pm. Nonetheless I turned off the engine, grabbing my phone and texting her where she was. Her reply was simply a picture of my car and laughing emojis. I frowned and looked around. The street was deserted. How the hell..

I took another look at the car and finally took into consideration the angle. Climbing out of the car I buttoned up my coat against the wind and looked up. Eve was standing on the ledge of the second tallest building on the block. She giggled down at me. I smiled up.

"How did you get up there?" I yelled, laughing. She held a hand over her ear, pretending not to hear me despite the smile on her face.

"What? I can't hear you! You come up here!" She yelled down. I chuckled and shook my head as she disappeared back onto the rooftop. Searching the bottom of the building revealed the old ladder she used to get up. I sighed and began climbing up.

When I reached the top Eve was sitting with her legs over the ledge, looking out onto the sea of buildings. She didn't even turn around when she heard me, just kept looking. I frowned and sat down next to her, letting my legs dangle.

"I missed it here" She said finally. I gave her a smile.

"You always climbed onto rooftops?" I teased. She playfully shoved me, careful on the angle. Eventually we settled down and continued staring out at the buildings.

"Yeah. My happy place. I used to lay down here and look at the stars." She replied. I bit my lip and checked the time. I didn't have much left. Speeding this up would be my best bet.

"Hey..Liza I.."

"Eve" She cut in, cutting me off. She was looking at me now. I gave her a confused look.

"What? Liza is your na—"

"It's Eve now. It's..the name I'm used to responding to anyway." She said, cutting me off again. I sighed.

"Well, Eve. I want you to know I like you, like a lot." I said, taking her hands and gently tugging her off the ledge. She stared at me, her eyes whelming up.

"Y..yes?" She replied, avoiding my gaze. I sighed.

"Will you go out with me?". The rooftop got quiet, save for the howling wind and our breathing. She was staring at me, her eyes wide.

"I..uh..Erika..." She stumbled over her words, struggling with what to say. I gently hugged her.

"Don't worry about it. How about we go out to breakfast tomorrow?" I offered. She took her hands from mine and sighed

"Erika look..I'd love to have you as a friend. But nothing more. The stuff on the island? That's over. I loved you because I was desperate for someone to love me besides my kidnapper" She explained. My heart dropped.

"Eve.." I stepped forward to take her hands again and she immediately stepped back.

"You should probably go. It's late. Text you tomorrow" She said. I opened my mouth to say something, but Eve was already gone. I wildly looked around. She had jumped to the next building. We stared at each other for a few seconds before she disappeared. I slammed my fist into the AC, sighing. I checked the time again and I only had 2 minutes to get away from here.

I quickly climbed down and raced to my car, getting inside. Almost immediately the block lit up with police cars. Less than I thought.

"Erika Morris step out of the car!" One yelled. I obeyed, closing the car door and holding my hands up. A cop grabbed me and snapped cuffs on my wrists.

"Erika Morris you're under arrest for the unprovoked murder of Samantha Redd and Sadie Dakota. Anything you say and do can and will be used against you in the court of law..." The cop listed off as I was dragged away and shoved into a cop car. I took one last look on the rooftops and my heart sank when I saw Eve looking down at me, her eyes wide and tears running down her face. Then the car sped away.

(Time Skip to 5 months later)

Layla's POV:

"I need you to do something for me" I said, pulling the envelope out of my pocket and putting it on the table. Mother raised an eyebrow at it, chuckling.

"What's this a birthday card?" She teased. I forced myself to smile along.

"No. It's your will." I replied. Her smile was gone in an instant.

"Why do you need my will?" She asked suspiciously. I took a deep breath, preparing myself.

"Look Mother you know better than me that we're fucked. The island is compromised, Maya is dead. Zane is missing and you're in prison for life. You're the next CEO through Maya, you'd be too dangerous. The lawyers can't do shit" I said sharply. She looked surprised.

"And what are you suggesting?" She asked. I opened the envelope and pulled out the official document, sliding it over and handing her a pen.

"Write me into the will. I'll take over. I can through wills. We'll restart the island, but better" I promised. Mother chuckled.

"According to Maya, you destroyed it. Why would you want to restart it?" She hissed. Shit.

"I'll restart it better. I promise you'll be proud of me." I begged. She stared at me. She sighed.

"Okay. Make us proud." She said. Then she wrote my name down. I quickly grabbed the document and put it back in the envelope before she could change her mind. She looked utterly confused by my haste. I grabbed my things and began to leave.

"Wait! Where are you going? You usually stay longer than this." She said. I didn't turn around. The buzzer buzzed as the door unlocked and I left the visiting room. Mother stared at me as I left.

Come months later Sky Redd was killed in an 'accidental' Riot. 16 broke into her cell and stabbed her to death, 2 of which somehow found out their children had been kidnapped to the island. Leaving me the sore heir to the Redd empire through Sky's will.

Zane was found nearly a week later from Sky's death, killed by an unknown assailant to prevent him from inheriting the power his parents held. Though it wasn't a mystery I didn't investigate. He was out of the way and that's what mattered.

I swore to make the island and everyone willingly participating on it Crash and Burn

And that's exactly what I did.