Chapter Three

Layla's POV:

Her blue eye was the first to open. Then the green one. She yawned and sat up, untangling herself from the blankets. It was nearly 2am and the moon was still shining. I kept my room light off but my curtains open to let in some light.

"Hey. Sorry if you were uncomfortable" I said. Her eyes widened in shock and she sprang off the bed and instantly set to glaring at me.

"Where the hell am I? Ow. Crap that hurts" She said in response, wincing from the collar shock. I stood up from my desk. I had moved there to hopefully finish the drawing. No luck. Still needed some more shading.

"Don't say any curse words. The collar will punish you for it. I think this year they added a heart rate restriction too so don't get too angry or stressed it'll punish you for that too. I'm Layla, technically your owner but to me we can be friends." I explained. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Where am I?" She repeated

"On the island. Can't tell you the name or anything. It doesn't really have one. Everyone calls it 'The Island'. Your name is Scarlett and I intend to keep it that. It's pretty. When morning hits we can go get breakfast and I'll take you shopping to pick out your clothes" I said with a smile. She frowned.

"So one moment two fake cops kidnap me, Smack me upside the head with a gun, and I wake up drugged out of my mind in a dog crate, then a bed. I have to be dream—OW!" I pulled my hand away quickly.

"Doesn't punching you show you it's real?" I asked curiously. She rubbed her shoulder and set to glaring at me again.

"It's PINCHING idiot. Where did you get punching from?? And what about this thing around my neck?" She snapped, moving to try to pull the collar off. I quickly stopped her before she could get shocked.

"It's a high tech collar used to control and maintain pets. Very high tech and much more expensive than you. That sounded harsh, sorry. Anyways it's basically an IPhone. Made by the same company but low key so only island inhabitants have access to purchase or upgrade it. Siri works and you can link your collar to an IPad to watch videos and stuff and download music. It's pretty cool" I explained. She looked generally curious now instead of pissed.

"Hey Siri? Uh.. where am I?" She asked her collar.

'Hello Scarlett. You are currently in Mistress Layla's bedroom. You have exactly 4 hours and 43 minutes until your automatic 7am alarm is activated.'

"Alarm? Seriously?" She asked. I shrugged.

"It's an automatic thing. I can change it though but I do have school through the weekdays and I do need you awake. Sorry." I replied. She looked around my room and snorted.

"Got a nice room. This is a penthouse it looks like. Top floor." She mumbled to herself. Then her stomach growled. I picked up my iPad and smiled.

"Are you hungry? I can get you some food. There's a law where you can only have two actual meals a day, pretty much like a dog. It sucks but I can't change it. Again? Sorry. But I can get you a bunch of snacks and stuff. If you want. Or do you want to be left alone?" I said. She held up a hand.

"Woah. Calm down. Uh. Yes I'm hungry. Can I get food?" She replied. I nodded then got up, opening the Entertainment folder on my phone.

"Here. There isn't much to do but you can watch Netflix or YouTube or Twitch. Whatever you want. Just stay in that folder pleased. I'll get your food" I said. She nodded and took my phone. I got up and walked over to my door, opening it a crack. Ava and Jasmine stayed in the hall in case me or Zane needed anything and didn't want to get it ourselves. Both were sitting on a large pillow half asleep and leaning against the wall. Ava heard the door open and scrambled up, rushing over as quietly as she could. At night they were allowed to not wear heels, a new rule Mother put in after Mom got woken up by Jasmine.

Guess who sported a fresh new bruise for the next week and a half.

"Mistress Layla need something?" She said quickly. I remembered when I was younger I had tried teaching her more English at night but Mom caught us and forbade it. She ended up teaching her some more basic things herself.

"Yes. Uh. Can you get me some crackers. Snack stuff. Not too much." I replied. She nodded and disappeared down the hall into the kitchen. Jasmine settled back down once she figured out she wasn't needed and I ducked back into my room and went back to my desk. I began resuming the drawing. Scarlett stayed silent, watching some videos and toying with her leash. The knock on my door made her jump. She quickly sat up and I held out a hand to tell her to stay.

Opening the door revealed a very agitated Zane and his new pet. Her large brown eyes were wide with fear and her bottom lip was trembling.

"What do you want?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. It was late and Zane hated talking to me unless he had to.

"Hey sis. Don't worry I'm not actually here for you. Mom suggests that we should let her and Mother's pets teach ours how to behave properly. But. We could ship them off for training if we wanted to. What are you doing?" He replied. I frowned at the thought.

Training. Right. Scarlett has no idea how to act like a pet.

"I..let them teach her. Basic training is unnecessary. You?" His smirk made me generally concerned.

"Training this pretty one myself. It's much more fun." He said. Without warning he grabbed his pet's arm and bent it back, making her yelp in pain.

"Stop it. She didn't do anything to deserve to be hurt." I protested. He rolled his eyes and reluctantly let her go.

"Ugh. Forgot how much you care about the worthless things. They're pets. We're Owners. We'll always be above them. You can't be the daughter of a CEO and dislike the one thing her and Mother fully support. It's treason!" He hissed. I flinched. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ava coming around the corner with a tray full of snacks and water. She paused upon seeing Zane.

"Whatever. Go away Zane. Too late for this" I snapped back. He shook his head and chuckled.

"Bye. Have fun with your new toy. Try not to cuddle her to death." He said. Without warning he snatched a chocolate off of Ava's tray, then dragged his pet to his own room, slamming the door. Ava stepped closer and I took the tray, nodding to her goodnight before shutting the door.

I turned to go to the table and nearly slammed into Scarlett. She looked pissed.

"Who's he? You have two moms? CEO of what?" She questioned. I sighed and stepped carefully around her, placing the tray on the desk.

"Eat. Hurry it's pretty late and I don't want you to be too tired in the morning." I said, running a hand through my hair. She still glared at me, but she reluctantly got up and began to dig into her food.

Now how to explain..

———————————————————————————
Sorry for missing Thursday I'm hella stressed. Double update coming today!