Chapter Twenty Six

Y'all already know what time it is. Double Update 🤪👌🏽

(Time Skip to hours before storming)

Erika's POV:

"Ugh Daddy! Why do we have to stay in this ugly place. The penthouse is so small" The demon whined as I struggled to carry her bags to her room. Per her wishes she got the biggest room with the best view and her parents took the second biggest. The third was for the rest of the pets. Lucky for me being a personal bitch meant I slept in her room, which was carpeted and surprisingly warm.

This whole moving thing was confusing. Right while Sadie was getting ready for bed her Mother busted in and told her to start packing all her stuff. The pets were put on a small bus funnily enough. Me and Eve drove the family here.

Right now I was starving and the thought of begging for food crossed my mind multiple times. Placing her bags on the floor I wordlessly unpacked them and put things away where she told me to. When I was done I was rewarded with a small cup of water and a cookie from her Mother.

(Time Skip to Present)

"Master they left. Three of their own is dead" One of the girls told the demon's Father, who was busy calling someone. Eve has managed to tell me his name, Luke. He just nodded and she turned her attention back to the monitors, which displayed the security footage for the house. The rest of the girls were scattered around on the floor, including me. Eve was getting her head petted by the wife while she had her second cup of wine. Sadie was enjoying a soda she forced me to get for her and pulled my leash to get me closer.

"Daddy I want her to get a piercing can I do that right? Right?" She pestered, painfully yanking me up and grabbing my chin. She inspected my face and smiled at her Mother, who frowned.

"Sadie dear that will ruin her resale value. No piercings." She snapped. Both of the parents seemed on edge about something. Sadie slumped further into the chair and held down the level five shock button angrily. I grit my teeth and took it, refusing to give her the satisfaction that came from hurting me.

"Okay!" Luke came into the room with a big smile on his face. "Three confirmed dead and their leader was shot in the stomach. Laced bullet. She'll be gone within a couple days". Sadie and her Mother smiled. The pit of anger billowed higher.

I was this fucking close. Whoever gave them the tip I will personally find and beat the living hell out of them.

"It's late. You two get some sleep I've got some work to do" He said. His wife kissed him goodnight and Sadie bounced over to hug him. Her grip on my leash forced me to have to follow and stand there awkwardly. Off we went to her room. Her first order of business was to immediately turn off the heat. The icy chill that was present in her room was to be replicated here apparently. I had to sit there and keep changing the temperature until she felt it was okay.

"You're lucky I packed your pillow you whore. Or else you'd be sleeping on the floor" She snapped before disappearing into the bathroom to shower. It took huge amounts of strength to keep me from kindly reminding her it was me who packed the pillow. I placed it on the floor and sat on it, waiting for my turn to shower and get ready for bed. She came out and after she changed had me do her homework and braid her hair. Thankfully enough the collar helped by giving me step by step instructions on how to braid hair the way she wanted. After I was done I was shoved off the bed and the lights turned off. Bedtime.

Maybe I can get rid of her like I did with Samantha. Good ol pillow to the face.

A small smile appeared on my face and I slowly sat up, picking up the pillow and advancing towards the bed. This is so stupid.

(Time Skip)

Scarlett's POV:

"Thank You. And you didn't see us" Layla said, swiping her credit card and typing in a very high number. The cab driver's eyes widened and he nodded viciously before screeching away from the curb. Layla put away her wallet and sighed.

"It's nearly 2am. Hurry up and sleep. Unfortunately we've only got like 6 hours before we have to get up for class." She said as we walked up to the glass doors. The secretary desk remained empty and Layla pressed the button on it to unlock the elevator. We climbed in and she pressed the button for the penthouse. In the reflection of the doors I noticed something missing. Shit the collar.

"Uh..Layla.." I said, pointing to my neck. Her eyes went impossibly wider and she cursed.

"It's okay. The prototype you can wear that one. Shit no bracelets. Fuck fuck fuck uh.." The elevator doors opened and Zane's new girl jumped from beside the fridge. In her hands was a tray with an assortment of things. My stomach growled in response.

Unfortunately her eyes zeroed in to my neck almost immediately. A smirk appeared and she giggled.

"Your Pet is collarless. Isn't that illegal?" She asked. Layla swore and grabbed my hand, dragging me past her and into the room. I heard her heels clicking all the way to Zane's room, then the door opening and closing. Layla ran to her desk and pulled out the prototype, hurriedly clipping on the leash and securing it around my neck.

"Put your catsuit on hurry. I'll go find some bracelets." She said. I got in the shower and scrubbed off the dried blood and sweat from running around and getting shot. I got out and was in the middle of drying my hair when Layla burst in with a set of bracelets.

"Where did you get them?" I asked as she hurriedly clipped them onto my wrists and turned them on. The collar also turned on but the needles didn't extend thankfully.

"Mother's Office. She had extra in case the ones she gave you and Everly didn't work out" She replied. I twisted them till they fit comfortably then jumped onto the bed. Layla sat down at her desk and opened her drawer, then froze.

"My laptop...Oh fuck" She jumped up and began rapidly searching her room.

"What's wrong?" I was tired and all I wanted right now was to sleep. Her panicked look made me sit back up.

"My laptop is gone".

(Time Skip)

Sky's POV:

"Hm. Looks like your daughter isn't the princess you thought she was" Maya sneered from across the room, slamming the laptop closed. I flinched, snapping my head around to glare at the guards in the room. They took the hint and exited the room, shutting the door.

"Maya. Don't do anything rash. She's my daughter she's protected!" I said, standing up and leaning over her desk. She chuckled and glared at me.

"I'm the CEO. Those protection laws? I wrote them. And I can break them. She hates the way she lives and desires to destroy everything I built? Everything WE built? Then I'll give her a new life. One she'll come to like" She snarled. My heart dropped.

"Maya please. I'll take care of it. Do what you want to her pet but leave Layla to me" I pleaded. The cold glare, even after all these years still made me shiver.

"Fine. Deal with your daughter and I'll have her pet dealt with." She agreed after a long silence. I nodded slowly, a plan already forming. I got up to leave but my name stopped me. I turned back around and she gestured for me to sat back down.

"Remember the Experiment I was talking about? Project Afterlife? I'm getting it for myself. I'm getting old here and frankly, not a very fun thing. I'll tell you when I'm on my way home" She said. I stood there stunned. What?

"Maya What? Isn't it dangerous?" I asked wearily. She shrugged.

"Most dangerous things that could happen is the scar won't heal. Plus it'll be fun to be in a new body. Now out. Go home and take care of your daughter. I have work to do" She said, dismissive. I heard the door open and two guards stepped up to either side of my chair. I wordlessly stood up. I was used to Maya kicking me out this way.

"Be careful Maya." I called over my shoulder. She answered with slamming the door closed and locking it.

I have to think of a good enough punishment. I can't let Maya deal with Layla. She'd never survive. I have to save my daughter.