Chapter 14: Hello

Su Chen widened her eyes in shock and trepidation when she saw the iron pot that encircled her like a protective turtle lifted above her.

When...

"Miss!!! Miss!! You were here!"

Yuan's cries immediately brought her back to reality.

"Miss! You are awful! Did you forget this Yuan?? Thank goodness I found you!" Yuan cried amidst sobs as she hugged the porridge-stained Su Chen closely.

Su Chen could feel tears pricking her eyes.

"Yuan! You silly girl. You were inside the safest place in the village. Why would I need to save you!" Su Chen tried to console her heavily sobbing maid but Yuan refused to be consoled.

"Miss! You should have brought me along!! It was all that toady cook's fault! I should have followed you regardless of what might have happened. The village could do with more than two servers--" but before Yuan could continue in her incessant sobs and complaints, the clearing of someone's throat stopped her.

Su Chen looked up in alarm as she grabbed Yuan towards her.

Her frantic eyes only calmed down after Yuan forcefully pushed away from her embrace to glare at the toady cook at the corner resentfully, blaming him for all the misfortune of the world. The pot-bellied middle-aged man at least had the gall to look away ashamed with red-tinted ears.

"So, is this your Miss?"

At the sound of the sexy melodious low voice that seemed to reverberate into her soul, Su Chen felt lightning strike through her.

She flipped around to the direction of the voice to finally see the face of that damn pervert who got her into all this trouble.