Chapter 57: Shen Yi?

A/N: Double release :)

-----------------

"Oi Oi"

The man before her smirked confidently as he edged the knife further into his body.

"Don't you even recognise your own husband?"

Su Chen frowned imperceptibly at the thick skin of the person before her.

The man narrowed his eyes but his confident facade did not even falter despite the knife lodged into his-

"URK!!!!"

The girl before him twisted her body and slammed the knife deep into the man's abdomen with the crushing momentum from her turn.

Blood splurted out of the man's mouth at the sudden hit.

"Hishh!!!"

She had slammed her fist down onto the lodged knife, causing the wound to gap open a little from the upward lift of the blade. The red blood seemed to bloom through his robes likes a ghastly flower.

Before he could edge further away, the murderous glint in her livid eyes caused the man to pause.

At this moment, she seemed dazzling.

"I have weathered two odd years with the man."

"I have been teased countlessly and provoked countless times. Made to sleep on the floor as his personal maid despite his ardent "love" for me!  tasked to make his favourite food and serve him by hand. And the countless time he "accidentally" happened to pass by during my bath time."

A manly hand with beautiful long fingers grabbed the knife firmly as its owner laughed genially as blood slipped through his mouth and down his lip.

"Sounds like a man with a mission."

Su Chen smiled but the smiled quickly turned grim as her eyes brightened further.

"And for nearly a year had I agonise over that frivolous man's disappearance without a single message."

The knife still burrow itself deeper with each word.

Her brown eyes shimmered in the fading light as her loose light hair strands seem to whip across her face, causing the determined expression on it to turn fiercely attractive.

"I ask you."

"Mr Fake. Shen. Yi."

Su Chen quietly grip the handle of the knife and cocked her head then smiled sweetly.

"Are you looking down on me?"

Shen Yi seemed to indulge in a mock pondering of the question when a shadow appeared from behind in a bid to restrain him.

Before his arms could be held, Shen Yi disappeared before Su Chen's eyes.

Her eyes widened as she gritted her teeth in frustration before a cold blade found its way to her neck.

"Don't move. Or this knife might just slip."

His voice was like Shen Yi's.

His face was like his.

But it was not her Shen Yi.

Sui and the few guards that had been enclosing the both of them kept their distance guardedly.

The man was tall.

But.

Su Chen smirked inwardly as she felt the cold sharp blade on her skin.

But... This was man not tall enough to be her Shen Yi.

She sighed.

Who knew her obsession for height would have come in handy

Then using two hands, she grabbed the arm firmly holding the knife in front of her and leaned forward.

Thrown aback, her attacker followed the momentum of her movement and lost balance.

Before he could grab her again, Su Chen was quietly ensconced within the guards.

"I did not know Miss Sun was so capable."

'Shen Yi' licked the blood on the blade and smiled cockily. The wound from before was bloody but no fresh blood spurted out. Even the man's cocky stance did not show any signs of pain.

He stretched his body nonchalantly like a cat and smirked.

"I wonder what gave me away?"

Su Chen looked at the man before her and snorted.

Why should she answer him seriously?

"Your body odour. Your body odour gave you away. Even that lazy Sect Master would not smell as bad as you."

The man's eyebrow twitched at her words but still outwardly kept his calm.

"Let's not banter further. I admit. I underestimated you. But..."

At his words, his figure seemed to blur.

"You won't catch me today."

And before anyone could take a step, he disappeared.

At this, Su Chen frowned as she still kept herself guarded.

That's right.

This ceremony was a ploy.

Although she had thought this was all within her plans, yet she too had underestimated the oddities that can exist from outside the jianghu factions.

"Miss."

Su Chen glanced at Sui.

In Sui's outstretched hands was a piece of fabric she had snatched from that counterfeit.

She recognise it as an embroidered handkerchief she made a long while back, that was forcibly taken by that irritating perverted rogue of hers.

She sighed as she looked far off.

Why can't their love be a little more normal and less dramatic?