Chapter 45: Wangfei

Steward Hung felt greatly confused.

When did Second Prince's wife appear here at the Crown Prince Residence?

The only woman who arrived is that strange woman Wangye brought home one night.

But his Wangye would not be so brazen as to kidnap another person's wife. Especially his brother's wife?

So, who could Second Prince be referring to?

***

A dashing tall man was sitting leisurely drinking the fragrant long jing tea. He was wearing a princely outfit in deep dark forest green, with a belt made of crusted jade but that did not deter onlookers from admiring his masculine figure.

A more rugged creature than their more beautiful and fair wangye, this Second Prince did not lose out in charm nor charisma.

In fact, as some maids blushingly thought, this wangye's masculine and manly figure was more attractive to them.

Shen Yi leisurely drank a cup while waiting patiently. It had been almost an hour of wait. What his brother could be doing... wasn't very well-hidden.

He lit a small smile that he hid behind his teacup.

Sun Rui. What schemes will you be playing for me to see?

***

A while later, a handsome man walked into the main wall wearing a silver moon coloured robe with a white jade hair coronet.

If the man before him exuded a dangerous sexy air, Sun Rui was the opposite. He seemed to show a refreshing and captivating appearance.

Yet his usually cold eyes was now tinged with fake warmth at the sight of this long lost brother of his.

"Second Brother! To think to see you here!"

Sun Rui walked over to his place at the main seat of the hall.

"Second Brother, please do not take offence with this younger brother for being late in welcoming you. Recently, this younger brother had been indulging himself in his new consort. She has been a petulant and spoilt thing, wanting my attention constantly. So this younger brother was not ready when I heard you had visited."

Shen Yi smiled nonchalantly.

Sun Rui kept an amicable facade but watched this elusive second brother of his with suspicious eyes.

"Crown Prince need not take offence. Second Brother here had appeared without sending a prior calling card. It is understandable if Crown Prince is unprepared."

As Shen Yi carefully placed the teacup down, but the action made Sun Rui's heart tense a little.

"Actually, this older brother here is a little embarassed to say."

Shen Yi smiled indulgently.

"This brother's wife is a little mischevious and ended up getting lost in your Residence. This brother is here to pick her up."

Sun Rui smirked inwardly. His suspicions were right. He felt annoyed by this fly-like brother who was hovering around. What wife? Su Chen was his. And if this second brother thinks he can find Su Chen in his Residence so brazenly, he has a thing or two coming for this brother of his. That is, of course, if he could even find her now.

"Brother, I am sorry to hear that your wife is lost. But why would she appear in this Crown Prince Residenc-"

"Announcing the arrival of Miss Rong."

Sun Rui's voice faltered as he saw Su Chen entering in holding a maid's hand.

His voice could barely come out as he saw the love of his life walking to another man, blushing delicately.

At her appearance, he stared at Steward Hung who seemed as confused as he was.

Shen Yi stood up and gently pulled the woman he had greatly missed to his side, his heart greatly settling down like a bird who found his way back to his nest.

He bent slightly and chided gently.

"What Miss Rong? You are still not used to your new status?"

At this, he gave a provocatice fleeting glance at Sun Rui.

He addressed the maid, berating her slightly.

"Sui, you need to use the correct appellation for your madam."

Shen Yi's gentle actions of brushing of Su Chen's hair away from her face burned Sun Rui's eyes.

"Call her Ning Wangfei now."

Shen Yi then turned to smile widely at Sun Rui. But his eyes had an evil mischevious glint.

"After all, younger brother, this is my, Ning Wangye's only Wang Fei."