Chapter 56: Knife

Merry Christmas y'all!

-------------------

"Okay I'll be even more honest! I'll explain more about why Fairy Ruge is my concubine now!"

Su Chen kept quiet at Shen Yi's words.

The mood seemed to have tensed as Shen Yi led the horse away from the Emperor's entourage and into the crowd, pushing through the excitement as well as heading further towards the forest.

Shen Yi sighed as he ruffled his hair.

"Su Chen, listen to me. It isn't what it seems. I know you might be ang-"

Shen Yi stopped mid-speak in shock.

The hooded figure before him had turned while he had let his guard down and had stabbed a knife threateningly into his abdomen.

The woman before him seemed like a stranger as her ice-cold eyes stared venomously at him from below.

He lifted his hands in mock surrender.

"Whoa there. Su Chen, what are you doing? What would people think when they see us squabbling like so?"

Shen Yi smirked as he teasingly pushed his body deeper into the sharp tip of the knife.

Su Chen's eyes glinted coldly before driving it into his flesh.

"Look around."

Nobody was there where the horse was currently standing.

What was once a festive scene now a desolate area.

Shen Yi's eyebrows jumped but he barely winced even when the tip of the knife broke through his robe and past the skin.  He narrowed his eye dangerously as he looked at the woman before him.

"Really? All this fuss about a concubine. Do I really need to prove my love for you?"

Su Chen coldy stared at the man with a mocking smile.

"Before you do or say anything further," her cold voice reverberated in the air as she looked from below menacingly, this time the knife drove itself deeper into his body.

"Where is Shen Yi?"