Chapter 51: Injured

Shen Yi breathed heavily.

He closed his eyes tiredly. His ragged breathes echoed in the damp cave.

With his eyes closed, he resting his exhausted body, leaning heavily onto the damp cave walls.

His sword rested by his side.

Despite his seemingly relaxed posture, his fingers were perched on the hilt of the sword, ready to swing violently at his pursuers.

Shen Yi rested there for a long while.

When his eyes opened again into the distance, he felt in his heart a strong desire.

Ah. I want to see her again.

I want to see her soon.

Shen Yi's eyes hardened resolutely as he unhurriedly propped up his heavy body, leaning on his sword for support.

He limped slightly as he clutched his bloody side.

The trickle of blood by his lips had dried up.

Shen Yi's gaze deepened as he made his way deeper into the cave.

-------------------

A/N: I have to apologise for the lack of updates. A recent comment had caused me to feel down and to self-reflect a little. And I was very near deleting the story/ entire account.

But the recent comments and likes had been really encouraging. I hoped to grow better as a writer.

For those who had been kindly supporting me and reading, thank you for your sweet acts. I'll finish this for you and as much as I can, I hope the ending will be satisfying for you.

For those who had felt disturbed in any way, I deeply apologise and hope that you can consider reading on/ moving on from this novel written by this first time writer.

For those that had cheered on for Shen Yi and Su Chen, thank you for giving the chance for them to grow as proper human beings/ characters that are not defined by their character traits at any particular moment.