Chapter 61: Spring Night

Su Chen dodged.

Yet was oddly flustered despite doing so countless times daily in their life together.

What...?

But before she could ruminate further, her dodge had somehow landed her onto someone's arms and someone's embrace.

It was tight!

As if she was being crushed.

"I really missed wife."

Su Chen felt like she could gasp too. As if she was out of breath.

But not from his rough possessive embrace.

But from the minute trembling of his arms when he held her.

Her heart felt warm all of a sudden and her hands moved to grab him back.

As if the both was trying to meld into each oth--

"Shen Yi."

"Mm?"

"Shen Yi, my dear beloved husband?"

"Mm?"

The contented sigh of a husband who finally was able to hug his wife had caused the man to have a lapse in judgement.

"Shen Yi, my love Shen Yi."

"Yes. My beautiful wife?"

"You really missed me?"

"Yes. Can you not tell?"

"I... can tell."

"Mmm, I'm glad."

Silence. And the contented air continued.

"So...."

"Mm, my love?"

And Shen Yi jumped away before his wife could destroy the destiny of all their future children.

"I know you love me but can you d*mn well not stab your erect little brother at me on our first meeting after a long while!"

More crashing sounds and bickering errupted in the room.

"Wait! Wife! Mm Wifey! Isn't it usual that after a long while of not seeing each other, a couple would usually fall into a heated night of love together?? I was just a little excited, that's all!"

Su Chen stopped in the act of holding the chair up high in her hands.

"Heated.... night?"

Shen Yi smiled lazily as he confidently replied.

"You know... this?" he lifted a pinky finger.

Su Chen's face turned an adorable red. Her arms trembled a little causing Shen Yi to worry if the chair might fall on his tiny wife.

"You mean..."

Shen Yi rascally nodded.

"Mm that's what I mean. So, wife... The night is now early so-"

Su Chen eyed the man.

"So, you mean you didn't return home earlier... Because of this purpose?"

Her round eyes caused Shen Yi to temporarily shift his eyes away.

"What purpose? I don't know what you mea-"

"SHEN YI!!!!"

Outside the room, the tired Jun Qiang, who escorted his master in the room, and Yuan, who had withheld this secret for a few months, now exhaled wearily as the loud sounds continued to disturb the peaceful night air.

"SHEN YI COME BACK HERE!"

"Wife, I was injured, I swear!"

"COME DOWN I PROMISE YOU I WON'T HIT YOU!"

"Then put down that chair first!"

Jun Qiang and Yuan looked at each other  before slinking away.

***

In the room, a smaller figure found herself bound in a tight embrace.

"I missed you so much."

Shen Yi's hot breath seem to tickle Su Chen's ear.

In his embrace, she had a revelation.

How is it that she had ever thought she had loved Sun Rui, when just this man's voice seemed to send tingles up and down her spine.

Su Chen wanted to pout, feeling wronged.

And couldn't help the sour tinge emanating in her heart.

Tears had unknowingly fell. Hot gushing tears that seemed to fall without an end.

A chuckle rumbled beside her as she was drawn even closer.

Warm palms slowly patted her back, in a reassuring beat.

"I guessed you've missed me too."

Su Chen closed her eyes as she felt the drumming of heartbeats, her hands clutching the man's back without realising.

'I do... I really missed you.'

Hands tangled.

Breaths mingled as body parts and limbs were straddled over each other.

Over and under.

Su Chen felt like she was being pulled in and out of waves, gasping for air as she felt pleasure sent up her spine. Yet her hands never let go of the person pulling her in.

All night, the sounds of spring continued.

-------------------

A/N: I'm unsure if this is considered mature. I don't think so... I think? 😂