Chapter 36: Alliance Meeting

Thank you for the votes :)

Foodporn is back again ahahhaha.

------------------

The main hall of the Alliance Sect was bustling and teeming with people, fighters and cultivators.

Renown experts such as Lady Bai Lan from the Poison Tree Sect, Hu Meng from the Black Bear Sect, Wurong Jian from Silver Wolf Sect were here and were one of the main cause of excitement among the people of the jianghu and the many sect members who attended the annual Alliance Meeting.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the place, the sect members could not help but to mount expressions of disdain for the other fighters who did not belong to their sect, as if showing pride would bring glory to their own sect. But the junior members of each sect kept to the outer rims of the gigantic hall. Everyone there knew that only the strongest of fighters were allowed to move around the inner rim. No one wanted to lose their life over something simple as bumping into somebody they could not afford to offend.

This was the jianghu of the pugilistic world, not only filled with people from the righteous sect members, but even member from the demon sect were roving around discretely.

They could act arrogant but no one dared to actually stand up for their sect's pride. Not the junior members at least.

So why was Su Chen, who was worse off than a junior member without a single knowledge of cultivation and martial arts, at the centre of it all.

Fairy Ruge was standing askance before Su Chen, her beautiful face scrunched with bitterness and resentment as she glared with her wide beautiful doe eyes.

Su Chen looked back with ridicule, her eyes filled with irritation.

You can stare, I also can stare.

She side-eyed the nonchalant Shen Yi nexr to her who seemed to be looking at her in anticipation, an expression which irritated her to no end but kept her ground.

This is the infamous love rival scene? She has seen the concubines of Sun Rui acting this play several times but to be honest, she was sick of watching this play.

"Who are you to be by Brother Shen Yi's side!"

Fairy Ruge of the Starry Sky Sect, specialising in medicinal arts, was feeling greatly dissatisfied to see this pretentious woman before her who was usurping her place beside Brother Shen Yi.

The fact that this woman had arrived for the meeting together with Brother Shen Yi, hand in hand had not irritated her half as much as her pretentious ways. That woman had appeared, wearing a deep red hanfu embroidered with chrysanthemum details made of silver and gold thread. Her black chest belt piece also had the beautiful flower motif intricately sewn. The white skirt was overlaid with a gossamer fine fabric that changed into peach, pink, purple and finally melding into deep blue and finally, a black outline, creating ombre effect of a setting sun at twilight. On the gauzy were more embroidery of upright chrysanthemums in the different colours of twilight. On her black ebony hair were intricate gold hair pieces with the chrysanthemum motif, with gold thread streaming down and rubies and pearls hanging at the end of each delicate thread.

How pretentious! This was obviously the jianghu. Not a tea party for noble misses to prance around in. Yet worst of all was that her face was half covered with a veil.

This slut. Who is she thinking to entice? It was probably hiding an ugly face. With Sister Bai Lan here and her, no other woman could compare once they were there.

Plus.

She had obviously been with him first, ever since they had met each other when they were young so he and Ruge were destined to be together. She had just turned 16 and knew that Brother Shen Yi had not proposed to her due to her young age and that she belonged to another Sect. But today, everyone knew that Brother Shen Yi would be chosen as Alliance Head. No one would dare to question his decision.