Chapter 2

AnnaSophia Robb as Luci Jo James-Gilbert

Luci's Pov

I was laying in bed listening to Brantley snore. Brantley and I have been married for only a 3 days and things are good. Brantley has been acting like the perfect husband and treating me like a queen around here. I know today I'm going to be deep cleaning this cabin. Brantley told me that he wasn't the best cook, but I think he wasn't the best house cleaner. Oh well. This is why I'm here. To cook and clean to make him happy so he can help me get to my grandmother. I just wish she would have written me back. I hope she's okay. I looked up at Brantley and smiled at him. He's laying on me and I know he's dead tired. He's been working his butt off around here. I didn't know how much he had, but since he was the first person to have a clam on the mountain he owns over 2500 acres of land. All of it is woods and that's the way Brantley wants to keep it. I looked at Brantley's watch and saw it was already 5 in the morning. Brantley said he wanted to get a head start on what he is doing today. Some how I need to get this big old teddy bear off of me so I can cook him some breakfast. 

"Don't leave Darlin." Brantley said to me. How did he even know I was even up. 

"I know you think it's time to get up, but it's not." Brantley said to me. 

"Yes it is. I need to cook you some--" Brantley cut me off by kissing me. 

"All I need is you to hold me for a few more minutes." Brantley said to me. I kissed his forehead. 

"What are you doing today?" I asked him. Brantley just laid on my chest. 

"Working on something." Brantley said to me. 

"Nothing dangerous right." I asked him. God, I don't know what I would do if something would happen to him. I have no clue how to get help. 

"Life is dangerous." Brantley said to me. I looked at him. He kissed me on my lips. 

"But nothing for you to worry about." Brantley said to me getting off the bed. I moved the blanket off of me. 

"Just please be safe." I said to him. 

"I will. I want some eggs for breakfast." Brantley said to me. I looked at him. 

"Get me the eggs and do your morning chores and you will get some eggs." I said to him. Brantley wrapped his arm around me. 

"I'm happy." Brantley said to me. Little does he know I'm starting to fall for this man. I mean I've only knew him for 3 days, but I needed him. He saved me. I looked up at this big mountain man and smiled at him. 

"I am too." I said to him. Brantley was moving down to give me a kiss, but my belly did a flip and I knew I was about to get sick. 

"No." I said to him running out of the bedroom. I opened up the back door and puked. 

"I'm sorry Darlin." I heard Brantley tell me. 

"It's okay." I said to him. I washed my mouth out and wiped down my teeth I walked back inside to find Brantley getting the stove ready for me. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around his body. 

"Thank you Brantley." I said to him. In some way I wish I could really make him happy. But I need to think about my baby and me. 

"Your welcome Darlin. How are you feeling?" Brantley asked me. 

"I'm good. Doc Jackson said this might take a few days to a few weeks to get over this morning sickness." I told him. 

"How far are you?" Brantley asked me.