Chapter 15

Luci's Pov

I was sitting outside waiting on Brantley and Lydia to get up. It's a Saturday morning here on the Gilbert ranch and so far my family is being lazy. Poor Brantley is working 8 hours a day at the feed and seed, then comes home and does around 4 to 6 hours around here to get everything ready for winter to come. Brantley heard in town that we may have a hard winter and if that is true I don't think we will get everything done in time. But with the faith and the love of God we will be fine. I know we will. 

I took another sip of my coffee. It's starting to get cooler out here. I wrapped my shawl around my shoulders more. Minnie is laying next to me on the porch. After another 10 minutes of sitting outside I got up and walked into the cabin with Minnie right behind me. Minnie walked over to the fire place next to Lydia in her bed. I looked over and saw Brantley wasn't in the bed. He might have went out to the outhouse. 

I was getting everything ready to start cooking breakfast for Brantley when I looked outside and saw it was starting to snow. I knew it was only a matter of time but I didn't think it would be snowing this early in November. It's only the 10th of November. Lydia is now 2 months and 2 days old. And no last night Brantley and I didn't make love or nothing, he's been to worn down too. 

As I was getting Brantley's eggs ready for him I heard the back door opened up and I saw my husband standing in only his long johns and his boots. Fashion Icon right here ladies and Gentleman. I smiled at him. 

"It's snowin. I can't believe this, I was hoping for a few more days before we would even think about getting snow." Brantley said to me walking over to me and kissing my head. 

"It's November dear." I told him. Brantley wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his belly. 

"I know. But I say after I take care of the animals can we stay in bed all day." Brantley asked me. I looked up at him and smiled. 

"I would love that." I told him. And I would. My family in bed all day. Nice relaxing day. We need this.

"Good. I'm going to take care of the animals now so I can get you back in bed before you change your mind on my old woman." Brantley said to me walking over to the bedroom so he can get dressed. 

"If you say so Dear." I said to him. Lydia began to fuss, so I walked over to her and picked her up. 

"Morning love bug. Mommy missed you baby girl. Yes I did. Let's get you changed and then I'll feed you." I said to my daughter. After I changed her wet butt I walked over to the bed and sat down.  

"Someone is hungry." Brantley said to his daughter. I'm so glad Lydia took to my breast the way she did. I don't mind it at all. Makes me feel that much closer to her. 

"She's your daughter." I said to him. Brantley walked over to us. 

"Yes she is. Best thing I ever did was marring you." Brantley said to me. I smiled at him. I pulled his facial hair closer to me so Brantley can give me a kiss. 

"I love you." I said to his lips. 

"I love you babe. More then you will ever know." Brantley said to me. He got up and walked over to the door. 

"Oh yeah your breast will be in my face today Darlin." Brantley said to me giving me a wink, before he walked outside to take care of the animals. I looked down at my daughter and smiled at her. 

"You know your daddy is real pain sometimes. But it's okay we love him anyway don't we baby girl." I said to Lydia. Like she is going to answer me. Hello people she is only 2 months old.