Chapter 35

Etta's Wedding dress

Etta's Pov

I was still laying in bed on this great Friday morning. I'm so glad it's just my sisters, Aunt Luci, Dorothy Mae, Lydia, her youngest son Noah and I stayed with us for my last night because tomorrow is the big day. Today is the day. Today I leave my the name Ludwig behind and I become a Gilbert. This is the best day that I've had. But at the same time it's also my worst day. I've spent the last coupe of years taking care of my sisters and my pa after mama died. I just wish her and pa were here with me on my wedding day. All little girls need there pa's walk them down the aisle on there wedding day or having their mama help them get ready. No not me or my sisters. But I will be there for my sisters on there big day. 

I looked over at the window saw the sun was already in the sky. I moved the blanket and sheet off my body. I looked over at my bed and saw Alifair and Cora Lynn still sleeping. Last night since Lydia and Noah stayed with us, the girls let her have there room so we all slept in ma and pa's room. After today this bedroom will be mine and Dylan's room. After pa died Dylan moved in here with us, but he slept out in the barn. I told him he could stay in ma and pa's room, but he wanted too wait for us too spend the night in there together. I still don't know how I got a great man like Dylan but I thank God everyday for him. 

I walked out of the bedroom and saw Lydia and Noah sitting at the kitchen table. I walked over too Lydia. I'm so glad that the good Lord blessed Lydia and Cap with 3 sons. Every time I look at Lydia or Cap they have the boys with them. The boys are so blessed too have new parents like them. I still don't understand why there pa ran off like that but I'm happy he did it right here in our small town. 

"Morning Etta." Lydia said too me. I smiled at her. 

"Morning. Morning Noah. How are you doing sweetie?" I asked my soon too be nephew. Noah had the biggest smile on his face. He is so cute. 

"What time is it?" I asked her. 

"It's only 7. We all slept in." Lydia said too me. I smiled at her. She is right. All of us girls was working on getting mama's wedding dress ready for me. If ma can't be here then I will wear her dress. I'm so glad that Lydia and Mrs. Gilbert was here too help me. 

"Is Aunt Luci still in bed." I asked Lydia. Aunt Luci has gotten up at 4:30 am everyday that I could remember. 

"Yes. And mama needs too sleep." Lydia said too me. I looked down at her. 

"I didn't make her work too hard did I. Please tell me I didn't. I have even gotten married into the family and Aunt Luci already hates me. Lydia, what should I do?" I asked her. 

"You need too calm down. Mama is fine. And ma loves all of you girls. In fact it was mama who taught Dylan how too dance for the barn raisin we had---" I cut Lydia off. 

"Old Mr. Fuller's." I asked her.

"That's the one." Lydia told me. I smiled back at that memory. Had so much fun with Dylan. Dancing, talking and that was the night I fell in love with Dylan Percival Gilbert.

"That was the first time Dylan and I danced together." I told her. 

"I know Dylan begged mama too teach him so she did. All because he told her he wanted too dance with you and you only." Lydia said too me. I smiled at her. 

"We spent all night dancin together. That was also the night I was going too marry Dylan. And here I am 3 years later." I said too Lydia. 

"Dylan only has eyes for you. Dalton was wild and girl crazy. Not Dylan. No he wanted you and only you." Lydia said too me. I smiled at her.