Chapter 25

A/N 

JUST REMEMBER THIS IS ALL FAN FIC. I KNOW I'M USING THE HATFIELD NAME AND CHANGING THE HISTORY A LITTLE, BUT IT'S ALL FOR FUN AND FOR A GOOD READ. DON'T MEAN NOTHING BY NONE OF THIS, I'M JUST USING HIM IN THIS STORY. THANKS FOR READING THIS AND I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS CHAPTER. 

Boyd Holbrook as Anderson 'Cap' Hatfield

Cap's Pov 

I was working on the trees that I need to get down for my new boss. I'm so glad he is taking a chance on me. Most people look at me and turn a cheek on me. I know I'm not the best lookin man around but I will do anything for the right person. Maybe that's why my boss and I get along just fine. He treats me like I'm a man and not some wild animal that most people think I am. But this is a new town, a new state and a new start. I'm here to do my work, and then go back down to the river side where I've been camping for the past 3 weeks since I got to Kansas. I was living up in South Dakota when I heard about a Timber company hiring new timber workers. I sent a telegram to my boss and here I am now. Doing what I love the most. Working outside under God himself. 

It's been 4 days since I saved that young pretty little thing from the bear. Wish I could who she is? I wounder if she has a family of her own. Most likely she would be married now. Someone that pretty don't stay single for long. Plus how could she ever love a one eye ugly mut like me. I wish mama was here for me to talk to her. She would know what to say to me. Here I am 24 years old and wishing his mama could come back from the dead. I went back to work cuttin up the tree. 

As I walked over to the wagon where the water is sitting I heard my bosses talking behind me. I took a big drink from this cool water. I can't be mad. I'm making $100 a month working here and here no one know's who I am. Or what I have done in my life. Like I saw this is a new start for me. When I heard I got the job I left that night. Rode all the way here on my horse. I was about to walk up the hill again when my boss called me over to him. I walked over to him and my second boss. 

"How are you doing kid?" My boss asked me. I looked right at him. Looked him right in the eye. A real man will always look at you in the eyes when you are talking to someone. 

"Fine sir. And again thank you for hirin me." I said to both of my bosses. 

"Well, keep up the good work and remember take your time. I don't want none of my men to get hurt." My boss said to me. I looked right at him. 

"Yes sir. Well I better get back to work." I said to my bosses as I walked back up the hill. Only 6 more hours of doing this then I'll be done for the day. 

I went right to work. The more work you can get done the better a man can sleep. That's why pa always told me. And I know I've made a lot of mistakes but working hard is not one of them. After a long day at the timber I was making my way over to my horse so I can go back down to the river where I have all of my stuff at the camp ground. As I was about to mount my horse my boss come sons came over to me. I looked down at these 4 young men. 

"Yes." I said to them. The eldest son, one of the twins, I think his name is Dalton step closer to me. 

"What happened to you eye mister?" He asked me. Should I make up a good story or tell him the truth. Naw make it up. 

"You won't tell no one if I tell you what happened now will ya?" I asked them. All of the boys was saying 'No' to me. I smiled at them all. 

"Well there was this Indian---" I was cut off by one of the younger brothers.