Chapter 12

A/N

I MUST TELL YOU THIS IS GOING TO BE A LONG CHAPTER

THIS IS GOING TO HAVE A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS THAT HAPPENS

READ CAREFULLY. 

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT. 

Brantley's Pov 

I was outside getting the team ready so we can go to town. We need to do some business but Luci and I want to cheek up on Logan. Ever since the 3 drifter's broke into the cabin with Luci here, I've been staying much closer to the cabin for the past weeks since that day. The baby is due in a month now and I still need to get a few things done before the baby get's here. I can't wait until I become a pa to that baby in her belly. I've never opened up to anyone before and now that I have I'm glad I picked Luci James to become Mrs. Brantley Gilbert. 

After I got the team ready I walked back into the cabin. Ever since that day Luci has been her self for the most part but I can tell that she is up half the night. She's only going on 3 to 5 hours of sleep every night. I hate that they took that away from her, but she did the best thing. She killed them sons of bitches. Wish I was here to do that for her. Those are they only lives my wife will ever have to take. I'm making sure of that. 

"The team is ready, whenever you are ready." I asked Luci. She was finishing up the breakfast dishes. I walked behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. 

"I can't wait to see Logan again. I hope he's okay. I've missed him." Luci told me. I kissed the top of her head. 

"Me too." I said to her. I walked over to Minnie and petted her head. Minnie is coming with us, since we are going to be gone all day. And like Luci told me 'We are all Gilbert's, if we go she must go.' What did I get myself into with this woman? I'll tell you what I'm getting myself into. The best life I've never thought I could have. Luci is making sure of that. 

"Brantley, do I look okay for the Church Social." Luci asked me. I looked at her. She is wearing her best Sunday dress. I Looked at her and smiled. 

"You are going to be the pretties little young gal there babe." I told her. And I mean every word of that. In my eyes I got the best pick out of the litter. 

"No I'm not. This big belly is getting in my way." Luci said to me. I walked over to her. 

"Don't you listen to none of that. You are pretty and the baby is doing great. We still going to See Doc today right." I asked her. Might as well do everything all in one trip. Luci looked up at me. 

"Yes. This may be the last time we are in town before the baby comes. Are you ready for that next part in our lives." Luci asked me. I looked down at her. 

"More then you ever know." I said to Luci, bending over to her level so I can give her a kiss. 

"I love you Brantley." Luci said to me. 

"I love you Darlin. And I love this baby." I told her. I mean that too. I think after all that we have been through already I think Luci understands that. 

"I know this baby is going to love you. You are going to teach this baby things I can't do, and I thank you and I love you for that." Luci said to me. Fuck, if we didn't have to go to town today I would just love to stay in bed with Luci in her green satin nightie for the whole day. 

"You don't have to thank me babe. It's going to be my job to protect my family and I will take a bullet for you or this baby." I told Luci. Luci was smiling from ear to ear. Minnie ran out of the house barking. I gave Luci a kiss.