Chapter 11

Luci's Pov 

I was outside waiting on Brantley and Minnie to come back home. They are down at the mill working with David for the day. It's the middle of June and it's been hot for this month. I've been home all day and I've gotten my house chores done. I got dinner planned out. Nothing special just rice with pork meat diced up in with bread and butter. I'm way to hot to be inside all day cooking a hot meal, and I know Brantley is going to be dead tired when he comes back home. 

Thanks to Meadow giving me the pep talk that I needed to be able to be comfortable with that nightie that I made for Brantley. Well, let's just say that I've been wearing it most nights. I got it in the clothing line outside drying as we speak. I'm right now 6 months into my pregnancy and I can't wait until I get to hold this precious thing in my arms. I've always wanted to have a big family. Being an only child I've never had the chance to play with sibling.  My wish has always been to have 7 children. 5 daughters and 2 sons. I still may get that wish, and hey if I  don't I'm still happy with what I got. I got the best man on the face of the earth. I got a baby on the way. Plus I got a good 10, 15 years to try to get Brantley to have 7 children. I mean come on, we got one on the way, only need 6 more kids. 

I got up so I can hang up the wet clothes so they can dry. I think Brantley has ever pair of pants up on the line. Once the baby comes I'm going to need Brantley to put up another clothing line up for us. We only have one and sometime I do let the laundry go for a few days and I know I shouldn't do it, but I do it anyway. So far once my little angel gets here they have 4 blankets that I've made, got a few outfits for the baby. 

After I was done with the laundry I sat down on the rocking chair. I was looking around when I saw one of Brantley's cow's out of the pen. I stood up and started to walk over to the cow. On my way to the cow I was trying to sweet talk her. I was about 15 feet from her.

"How did you get out sweetie?" I asked her. She mooed at me, then I saw 3 riders looking at us. I looked at them. I wish Brantley was here now. I slowly walked backwards back to the cabin. I could see them all talking to each other. If they want this cow they can have her. I turned around and walked back to the cabin. 

I was about 20 feet from the cabin when I heard a gun go off. I yelled and ran to the cabin. As I was running to the back front door I hear the men coming on there horses. I got to the door and I opened it and locked it. I ran to the back door but when I got there I saw a man walking into the cabin. 

"What do you want?" I asked him. He didn't say nothing to me, but he walked over to the front door and unlocked it. 

"Who are you? What do you want!" I yelled at them. It was 3 men about in there mid's 30's I would say. 

"You know what I want? Is a tight woman." One of the men said to me. 

"I'm married. Go get yourself a whore." I said to them. They all just laughed at me. I was starting to cry. 

"You know if we take her with us we could sell her." One of the men said to the other two men. 

"Shut up Frank. I got bigger plans for her." He said to his partner looking at me. 

"Get out of my home before my husband gets here." I said to them. I'm scared as hell right now, but I need to stay strong for my baby. 

"That was your husband that we killed down in the old looking mill we ran across too." My heart just sank. No. Not my Brantley. There's no way. Oh my God. I was bawling my eyes out. 

"You didn't!" I yelled at him. They all just laughed at me. 

"Boys get us some new horses and find the money. We need to keep on moving. You, hey you come here." The man said to me. I was only thinking of Brantley.