Chapter 9

Luci's Pov 

I was sitting outside in the rocking chair working on my sewing. Brantley, David and the boys have been good all day. I know Meadow is freaking out. I'm trying not to think about it, but it's not working. All I can think about is Brantley. Is he alive still. Where is he at? Meadow is trying to put Running Star to sleep so he can get his nap in. In another 4 more months I'll be having me a babe to take care off and I can't wait. I've always wanted a big family. I hated being the only child, but I knew the reason why my mama didn't want anymore children. She was a proud woman and stood her ground. Just like the night my pa killed her. I was laying in bed sleeping and then I heard the gun go off. I just turned 16 years old. I was in my last year of school. I had a guy I talked too in school, but after that night no one would look at me the same. 

I looked down at this lime green satin. I have something big I'm working on for Brantley. I just hope he likes it. The last time we went to town I got fabric for the new curtains that I made for the cabin. I got them already done plus I made a good winter blanket for the baby. I looked up when I heard Minnie barking. I looked around and I didn't see no one. I smiled at her. She's a good guard dog you could ever have. I'm glad Brantley let her live with us. 

I went back to my sewing when Meadow walked outside. Poor thing is going nuts not knowing where David and the boys are. She sat down next to me. 

"You got little man to sleep I see." I said to her. I was looking at my sewing to make sure I was still doing it right. I would like to get this done in the next few days. I just hope Brantley likes it. 

"Yeah after I feed him, changed him, rocked in and then sang to him. But yeah he's a sleep now." Meadow said to me. I looked at her and gave her s small smile. 

"They are fine Meadow. Keep your faith up." I said to her. Meadow smiled at me. 

"Your right. They are down at the mill working right now. What are you working on here? It's beautiful satin." Meadow asked me. 

"I'm making something but I don't know if Brantley will like it." I told her looking down at the lime green satin. 

"I see. And he don't know about nothing about none of this does he?" Meadow asked me. I looked over at her. 

"No. I wish my mama was here so I could talk to her about all of this." I said to my best friend. Meadow smiled at me and held my hand. 

"Well I'm not your mama but if she was here she would tell you the same thing as I'm going to tell you honey, to make a happy husband then sometimes we the women must do a few things to spice things up." Meadow told me. I looked at her. 

"I mean the love making is perfect. I mean it the best I've ever had. But I want to show him that I love him and I need him. Does this make any sense to you." I asked Meadow. She looked at me and laughed. 

"What's so funny Meadow?" I asked her. 

"Honey, Brantley only has eyes for you. I mean I've never seen Brantley this happy in all the years that I've know him. Your his best thing. So I say about this make it something that you like and something to make Brantley go nuts over." Meadow said to me. I looked at her. 

"And I have no reason to be shamed to wear this around my husband, right." I asked my best friend. I sound like a child, but I have no clue on any of this. I mean Meadow and I talked a few times but love making and being pregnant and what is like to give birth. I'm so glad that Meadow said she will help me when the baby needs to come out.