Chapter 5

Aimee Carrero as Meadow McRoy

Luci's Pov 

Brantley and I are getting ready to go back to our cabin. We have been staying with David and Meadow for 10 days and Brantley is ready to get back to our cabin. I know David and his boys have been going down to our cabin a few times to feed the animals at our small farm. I'm ready to go home and take care of my husband. Ever since Brantley woke up he's just like a new man. He's kinder, sweeter, and in some way he's opening up to me more and more. I know I should only be thinking about my baby and myself, but Brantley loves me. He wants us to be a happy married couple. And to be honest with you, I love being Mrs. Brantley Gilbert. 

I walked out of the bedroom Brantley and I have been staying in with my small bag of clothes that Meadow gave to me. I walked over to the door and opened it up. 

"Are you sure you can drive this wagon." David asked Brantley. 

"Yes McRoy. You can come and get it tomorrow or something. I just want to go home." Brantley said to his best friend. I walked over to Meadow who was holding Running Star in her arms. 

"They are still fighting." I asked her. She looked at me. 

"Yes. You think they are married to each other and not us." Meadow said to me. I laughed at her. 

"You would think that. Thank you again for everything you have done and for the dresses. They are so pretty." I told her. 

"Your welcome Luci. Now get your husband home and take care of him." Meadow said to me giving me a wink. 

"I am, I am." I told her. I gave her a hug. 

"Your my best friend Meadow." I told her. She smiled at me. 

"Your mine as well. I'll come over for a visit in a few days." Meadow told me. I smiled at her. 

"Good. I like having you around." I told her. We walked over to our husbands. 

"You ready Darlin." Brantley asked me. Before I could say anything David opened up his mouth. 

"Some one is ready to get laid." David said to us. 

"Watch your mouth around my wife." Brantley said to David. I knew he was getting more mad by the second. 

"Okay come on honey I'm ready to go home. Thank you both again." I said to David and Meadow. Brantley helped me up the wagon then he jumped up on the wagon. I looked back and saw Minnie sitting in the back looking at me. I patted her. 

"See you soon." Brantley said to the McRoy family. I waved bye to them all. After about 10 minutes of riding I caught Brantley looking at me. I looked over at him. 

"Yes dear." I asked him. Brantley smiled at me. 

"Nothing. I'm just watching my wife." Brantley told me. I moved closer to him and when I did Minnie jumped up next to me. 

"Well I think she wanted to be up here too." I told Brantley. He just smiled at me. 

"I need to clean the cabin when we get back home." I told Brantley. 

"It can wait." Brantley said to me. I looked at him. 

"Brantley, the cabin hasn't been touched in 10 days. I bet it's covered in dust." I told him. 

"Do it later. I got big plans for us." Brantley said to me. I knew what he was talking about. In some way I'm not scared. I know Brantley loves me more because he tells me all the time now.