Chapter 7

Minnie on the top of the page. A full blooded German Shepherd 

Luci's Pov 

I was trying to get everything done before Brantley and I leave the cabin to go down the mountain to go to town. We just had some eggs and bacon at 5 in the morning and Brantley wants us to be leaving now and I still isn't ready just yet. I have no clue where Brantley ran off too. All he told me Be ready when he shows back up. I'm trying to get the cabin kitchen all cleaned before we leave. Like Brantley told me, it takes 3 hours by wagon to get off this mountain, and once comes winter we will be snowed in up here for months and months. I just hope the baby and I can handle this hard mountain winter. But something tells me I won't have to worry with Brantley being my husband. 

I took one more look around the cabin kitchen and I was happy with all of this. So far our small little home is nice and cozy and clean. I've never seen a small cabin that tracks all the dust unlike this one. I'm always dusting this home. But I don't mind at all. I walked over to my purse that was laying on the kitchen table. Brantley gave me some money so I can get my yard for the baby clothes I'm making for my baby. Plus I would like to see Doc Jackson when we get to town, so I know everything is going okay with the baby. 

I walked outside and sat down on the rockin chair waiting on Brantley and Minnie to return home. It's a nice April morning. The dew is still on the grass. The wet air feels so good. I wrapped my shawl around my body more so I won't get as clod waiting on Brantley and Minnie to return. I was humming to the baby. Something I find myself doing all the time. I was rubbing my belly, just humming to the baby when I heard Minnie barking. I looked up and saw her and Brantley walking up to the cabin. I stood up and walked off the small porch. 

"You ready Darlin." Brantley asked me. 

"Yes. The kitchen is all cleaned up. The laundry is hanging in the house. You said we going to left overs for dinner right." I asked my husband. 

"Yes Darlin." Brantley said to me picking me up and setting me in the wagon. 

"Okay. I got my money you gave me. Thank you again Dear." I said to him. Brantley jumped into the wagon and sat next to me. Minnie was on one side of me and Brantley was on the other. 

"Your welcome. You have your list." Brantley asked me. I opened up my hand bag. 

"Right here." I told him. 

"Read it to me." Brantley said to me. I smiled at him. 

"Okay. I need yard patterns. I'm going to see about 3 yards." I said to Brantley. He looked down at me.

"Get 6. We will be coming down one more time before winter sits here, but after that we won't get down from the mountain until spring gets here." Brantley said to me. 

"I'll see if I have enough money." I told him. 

"No you mark 6 yards your gettin." Brantley said to me. I looked at him with a big smile on my face. 

"Thank you." I said to him. 

"Anything for you babe." Brantley said to me, giving me a kiss. 

"Okay then with the yard I'll like to make a new curtains for the cabin. And I would like to get a new table cloth. If I can get enough yard for all of this." I told him. Brantley smiled at me. 

"And you will. Get the fabric for the baby and then get something different for the table cloth and for the curtains. But I don't see what is wrong with the one we got." Brantley said to me.