Chapter 10

A/N

READ CAREFULLY. 

PLEASE KEEP AN OPENED MIND ON ALL OF THIS. 

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS ALL FAKE. 

THANKS FOR READING THIS CHAPTER. 

Brantley's Pov 

Luci and I are both outside working on the yard today. It's a nice spring day and ever since the Indians been here, I'm not in no hurry to leave Luci alone now. It's been 2 weeks since we seen anyone. I have talked to David a few days back at the mill, and what David told me Meadow and the boys are happy and fine. But other than that Luci and I are both doing good. Poor Luci was so scared and as her husband it's my job to keep her safe. I've let her down twice already and there will not be a 3rd time at all. I looked over at Luci who was working in the garden. I smiled at the sight of her. She's mine and all mine. Luci's small baby bump is getting a little bit bigger. I hate to say it but pregnant Luci is so far my favorite. I love that her belly is getting bigger. The baby in her belly is getting big. That makes me happy. I went back on working on the cattle pen that I'm making for our milk cow. Luci thinks she will be happier in a bigger pen attached to the barn. So her wish is my command.

I wiped the sweat falling off my face. It's not even summer yet and I'm already cooking. That's the problem with living up on the mountain. Hot as the devil's ass in the summer then cold as a witches tit in Alaska in the winter. I looked over at my young bride and saw her walking over to me with a bucket of cold well water. 

"Oh thank you Darlin." I said to her. Luci smiled up at me. I love how tiny she is next to me. A tiny woman needs a big old bear of a husband to keep her safe. I took the bucket of water from her hand so I can get a nice cold drink. I throw some water on my face. I'm glad I have my shirt off. It's hot and I don't like being this hot unless I'm making love to my Luci. 

"Your welcome dear. The pen is looking good." Luci told me. I pulled her closer to me. 

"Yeah I think old Bessie will like it." I said to her. Luci looked up at me. 

"I know she will. Plus she gives us enough milk for this baby coming the least we could do is give her some more room to roam around in." Luci said to me. She does have a good way with animals. I bent down so I could give her a kiss. 

"I love you woman." I said to her. Luci smiled at me. 

"You better old man." Luci said to me. I was holding on to this precious thing that God him sent to me. I've always hated going to town, but that day when I first met Luci, well now I don't mind going to town now. All due to this best precious Jewel standing next to me. 

"Oh believe me woman I do love you." I said to her. I'm never going to get sick of say that to my young bride. God sent this Jem to me and I'm planing on keeping her forever. 

"I love you too Brantley. Don't we baby. We love our pa." Luci said to the baby. I was rubbing her belly. I can feel the baby moving around inside of her belly. I looked at Luci. 

"Did you feel that Darlin." I asked her. 

"I sure did. That's the baby moving around in there." Luci told me. I fell on my knees. 

"Brantley!" Luci yelled for me. 

"I'm fine. I just need to look at the belly." I said to her. I kissed her belly. I was just looking at her belly. This babe my not be mine, but this baby will never know that. He or she will caring the Gilbert name and be proud of that name.