Chapter 18

Brantley's Pov

I was laying in bed with all of my girls in my arms. I got my beautiful wife Luci laying  on my right side and I got my beautiful daughter Lydia Genevieve layin on my left side and I also have Minnie laying on the foot of the bed. There's only a week before Christmas and this year is the first as a family man. This year I'm not going to be sittin in my cabin getting drunk and getting high. No this year I have my girls and they are my number ones now. I looked over at the fire and saw it was slowly going out. I know its still way to early to be getting up. I looked and saw it was snowing outside. I moved out of the bed with out waking up none of the girls. I walked over to the fireplace and put a few more logs so I can warm up this old cabin. I can tell you this much next winter my girls and I will be in our new log cabin. I was about to get back in bed when I heard a noise outside. I looked over at the door and saw someone trying to open the door. I grabbed my 1860 Colt Revolver. I saw Minnie growling behind me. 

"Gilbert! Open the door!" I walked over to the door so I can let Doc Addison in. 

"Doc, you know what time it is?" I asked him. He looked frozen to the bone. 

"Son, I'm so sorry to bother you so late. I was at the Carson farm." Doc told me. 

"Oh did Mrs. Carson have the baby." I looked behind me and saw my beautiful wife standing there. Good thing she has her long night gown and her rob on. Last thing I need is for Doc Addison to see my sexy wife all sexy up.

"Yes she did. A big healthy baby boy." Doc told her. 

"Oh thank you Lord. Here let me get some coffee going. Doc please sit down. And you put some clothes on. We have a guest in our home. We might live out here in the wild, but we are still Christians." Luci Jo told me. I smiled at her. 

"Yes ma'am. Love you baby." I said to my wife. 

"I love you too. Now put some clothes on." Luci told me. I smiled down at her. 

"Yes Ma'am. Excuse me for a second Doc." I said to our town doctor as I walked to our bedroom. I grabbed my pants and put them on. I walked over to my boots and put them on. I looked over at Lydia who was sound asleep in the middle of our bed. As long as Minnie stays out here with all of us I don't think nothing will happened to Lydia. Plus I know Minnie wouldn't do nothing bad to Lydia. The dog loves this little girl as much as we do. I walked out of our bedroom after I kissed the top of my daughters head. 

"So Doc how many does this make for old Calvin Carson." I asked him. I sat down next to the middle age doctor. 

"This makes baby 14." Doc Addison told me. 

"Lets hope they are done now." I said to him. Doc smiled at me. 

"Old Calvin said that to me when Martha was born." Doc said to me. 

"But Martha is baby--" Doc cut Luci off.

"Baby number 9. I know." Doc said to us, laughing. Luci handed Doc and me a cut of coffee. 

"Oh thank you dear. And Gilbert once again I am sorry. I just seen the fireplace smoking and I knew one of you was up. I was just cold." Doc told us. Carson farm is 15 miles from our house and we live 3 miles to town, so I can understand why doc stopped here .

"You have no reason to be sorry Doc. Plus anytime you need my help I can help you." Luci said to our town doctor. 

"You nursed before." Doc asked Luci. She smiled at him.