Chapter 8

Brantley's Pov 

I just got to the log mill that David and I built so both of us can use it at anytime. I can see David is getting enough fire wood ready for the long winter we got moving in a good 6 months from now. As April came and went like the morning dew on the grass. Luci and I sent most of the month of April in our bed. We got a lot of rain in April, so I needed Luci to stay warm. Luci made the curtains for the cabin. She got the table cloth made that she wanted. I asked her if she wanted to stay home today or come down to the old mill with me to cut logs, but her and Minnie stayed home. Luci said she has a project she is working on. I haven't seen her do nothing like a small project, but I'm not always in the cabin with her. And I know at night she wakes up and goes sits outside on nice night. I walked over to the logs and saw David must took 2 of them. I don't care, but we make agreement that if you take a log, you must put one back. 

I still can't believe that Luci and I have been married for 2 months now. Still hard believe. Tell you what now that Luci is rockin her 5 month belly and I can't get enough of that woman. Just like before we partied ways I made love to her 2 times already and I know tonight I'll be making love to her again before we fall asleep in each other arms. I walked over to the log and picked up a good size and moved it over to where it should be. I got big plans for most of these logs. The only one that know's of my idea is David. And that is because he's my business partner and my best friend for some years now. 

I turned the saw table on and moved the log so I can cut threw it. I got a lot to do today and I want to make sure I don't spend the day just doing nothing. Oh believe me I would rather be back in my cabin with Luci, but I need to get all of this done before the first snow falls. I must get everything done by then. Luci is having the baby sometime in September and by the end of October we will get snow coming down. If we do get a lot of snow I just need it to wait until everything is done and then it can snow as much as it wants too. I just need it to hold off until then. 

I just picked up another log when I saw looked outside and I saw Indian worriers looking at me. I walked over to my gun and I looked right at them. I've been up on this mountains I've never seen these Indians on this mountain before. As long as I don't make no fast moment I should be okay. All I know is they would have to kill me with 100 arrows before I will die to save my small family back at the cabin. I don't like how close they are to my mill or how close they are to my cabin. Our cabin is only less then 5 miles up the mountain. 

They just kept on looking at me. If they want to fight then so be it. I'll kill every single one of these Indians to save Luci and the baby she is caring. They just stood there for a good 10 minutes watching me. There's 10 of them just standing there looking at me. I'm not leaving this spot. I'm standing my ground. After a few more seconds they rode away. I breathed out. That was just a little too close. If I'm remembering right I think they were Sioux Indians but I've never seen them here before. I mean Meadow is a Sioux Indian but the Apalachicola Indians murder Meadow's tribe. Oh no. They weren't Sioux Indians. No they were Apalachicola Indians. I need to get to Luci, then I must get to David and Meadow and the kids. I locked up the mill and ran out to get on my horse. I need to get to the cabin in a hurry. 

As the horse flew though the woods we was getting closer and closer to the cabin and I didn't see no Indians any where. Maybe they went up the mountain on a different path, then what David and I take to go to town on come back up the mountain. 

"Luci!" I yelled for her the second I saw the cabin. I hope she's inside the cabin where it safe. As I was riding up to the cabin Luci walked outside looking around. 

"Get inside the cabin!" I yelled at her. Luci looked at me. 

"Why are you yelling?" Luci asked me. I jumped off the horse and pulled Luci inside the cabin.