Chapter 39

Dalton's Pov 

I was laying in bed listening too my sister in law and Zelda talking in the other room. I sat up in bed and looked around. I saw little Cain was already up. Most likely him and Dylan's kids are all playing somewhere. I don't care. None of my business and most important none of them are my worries. I grabbed my pants and put them on before I walked out of the bedroom. The last time I was here this room was Cora Lynn's room. I bet she is all grown up by now. Might have too ask Dylan about her. Her and there other sister. 

I walked out of the room and saw the gals talking in the kitchen. I walked out of the house so I can go too the out house. Last night after everyone went too bed I walked out to the barn so I can smoke and have a few shots of whiskey without no one knowing. As I was walking too the out house I saw 2 riders riding down too Dylan's. I walked inside the out house. I don't care who it is as long as it's not Mr. Brantley Keith Gilbert, my father. 

After I got into the out house i lit up my smoke. I might take Dylan up on his offer about his old cabin, just so I don't have too be round all these damn kids. Every where you look you will see a kid. Makes me sick. I don't know why some people have too have so many kids. When I was in Oregon these was a family who had 15 kids. 10 daughters and 5 sons. Nuts. I smoked my cigarette and was walking back too the cabin when I heard voices coming from inside the cabin. I sat down on Etta's old rocker she has sittin outside on her porch. 

I was looking around when I heard the door opening up. I looked and saw two young men standing there. I looked at them and they had no idea who I was. But at the same time I wasn't for sure if they are who I think they are either. 

"Hello. I'm Henry and this is my older brother Josiah Gilbert. We are Dylan's little---" I cut him off. 

"I know who both of you are. I was there when our ma gave birth too both of you." I told them. Josiah was looking at me. 

"Dalton. Dalton is that really you." Josiah asked me. I looked at him. 

"The last time I checked I was Dalton." I said too them. 

"We thought you was dead. Years ago. When did you get back? Why are you here? Wait till mama finds out. She will be----" I cut Josiah off. 

"Shut up boy! Don't you tell her nothing. Same goes for that old son of a bitch husband of hers." I told them young boys. If they tell them I'm here I'll leave and I will never come back too this place ever again. The only reason I'm here now is so I can find Zelda a husband. And I need too do that quick like. 

"Sorry Dalton we won't say nothing too mama or pa." Henry told me. I looked at both of them. 

"How old are you boys now?" I asked them. 

"I'm 21 and Josiah is 24." Henry told me. 

"Married." I asked them. I lit up my cigarette 

"No sir. We are too busy working with Dylan on the ranch. Well, we help in the timber too but we are mainly work with Dylan. How long are you staying with Dylan? I sure has missed you big brother." Henry told me. This kid never shuts up. I looked over at Josiah who was giving me a look. 

"What is you problem?" I asked him looking at him. 

"Nothing." He said too me. 

"Come on Henry we have work too do?" Josiah told me walking over too his horse. 

"Hey, I'm glad you are back big brother. I'll stop back by later. We got a lot too catch up on." Henry told me. I was about to say something when Zelda walked out.