Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Distracted

It was now Thursday, the day before the plan goes into motion, and Kate has yet to ask him. 'What if he says no?' Kate questioned as she headed to lunch, 'Or what if he blows off the lie completey? If he says yes, is it because of the lie or does he genually like me?' As she walked, her vision was becoming more and more blurred with the questions she asked herself. She didn't even notice Azu catching up to her. "Hey Kate!" Azu said, but no response. "Um... Kate?" Azu waved her hand infront of Kate's face, but Kate was too busy in her thoughts to notice. "Ok then, we should get to lunch- Kate be careful!" Azu exclaimed as she pulled Kate away from a wall she was about to hit. "Huh- Oh sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Kate rubbed her neck. "I could tell, I've been trying to get your attention." Azu said, taking her hands off her friend. "About what?" Kate asked, resting her hand on her neck. "I wanted to know if you ask Bakugou about Laser tag." Azu said, nudging and winking at her friend. "No, I haven't. I don't think it'll be a good idea." Kate answered. "Nothing can go wrong, unless we don't eat soon, lunch started you know," Azu said walking about 12 steps before turning around, "You coming?" "Oh yeah." Kate said catching up.

As soon as they walked in, the cafeteria yelled out to Kate about Bakugou's whereabouts. "They have done this for the week and a half." Azu said, a little annoyed. "At least Kate will know when Bakugou is cheating on her." Cooper said surprising the two girls. Azu punched him,"Bakugou would never!" "I was joking!" The three headed to where Balugou sat, waiting for them, but he seemed like he wasn't there, mentally of course. When they sat down, he was still out. "Earth to Bakugou?" Azu said waving her hand out. This was easy as unlike the last times they sat with eachother, Bakugou and Kate would sit next to eachother, but today Azu sat next to him with Cooper and Kate sitting across. Bakugou still didn't answer. "Probably under some quirk." Cooper said balance his spoon on his nose. "Probably like that one Tisdney movie where he needs a true love's kiss to snap him out of it!" Azu said, struggling not to laugh. "Kate, you kiss him." Cooper said, bluntly. "W-what?!" Kate yelled.

This caused more attention than usual

This caused more attention than usual. "Not so loud, but you are his girlfriend!" Azu added. "N-no! Hes probably just thinking about something." Kate looked down. Right on cue, Bakugou snapped out of it and came back with a,"Huh?" The three nervously laughed, leaving the spiky-haired boy confused and upset.

Words: 467

I'm so sorry I uploaded late, I forgot and had to run errands when I remembered.