Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Christmas Eve

  "IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!" Azu yelled in excitement. "Calm down Azu, it's just Christmas... Oh my god it's Christmas Eve! We could have a dorm party and invite Cooper!" Kate said. "And your boyfriend~." Azu teased. "Azu for the last time you-" Kate was cut off by all the girls in the dorms starting to "ooo". "You know I couldn't go to the party without him!" Kate said nervously smiling.
  "No." Bakugou and Cooper said in unison. "Please?" Kate and Azu pleaded. "I'm not going to some dumb party." Bakugou started to walk away. "Wait Ka- Bakugou!" Kate said, catching up to the boy. "Why won't you come?" Azu asked. "Your class is full of people who ship people together, I'm not falling for their trap." Cooper answered. "I'll make sure that they won't pressure people into that type of stuff, you have my word." Azu knew how hard it was going to be to keep the girls out of forcing kids into awkward situations.
  "Wait, Bakugou!" Kate was out of breath. Bakugou had started to run for no reason and Kate isn't exactly the best runner. Bakugou suddenly stopped and made Kate bump into him. "What?" Bakugou snapped. It took a second for Kate to come back from it as she answered, "Why don't you want to go to the party?" "I'm not a celebration guy." "B-But Kats- Bakugou, you don't have to do anything or even be there for a long time. Just 5 minutes, just for the whole situation we're in." Kate looked down to her hands. Although she knows that the whole thing with Bakugou will end by the end of the year, it still hurts knowing none of the thing is real. "Katsuki." Kate looked up, "Huh?" "Just call me Katsuki, we're supposed to be dating, you can call me by my first name," Katsuki said before continuing, "And I'll go, but for 10 minutes." Kate smiled, "Thank you!" She hugged Katsuki before quickly letting go. "Sorry. Um... See you later." Kate then walked away. Katsuki started to head back to his dorm room to get ready before he noticed his heart was pounding faster than normal. He thought to himself why did it hurt but left it alone.
  Azu had just zipped up her final sweater when Kate knocked on the door. A muffled 'Come In' came from the other side of the door and Kate opened the door before laughing. "What?" Azu questioned. "Azu, the party is indoors, you don't need all these layers." Kate started to help their small friend out of the many layers. "I guess I'm not yet used to cold weather." Azu smiled. "Why not put that outfit you bought last year?" Kate wondered. "Yeah, ok. What about you?" Azu finally gets the last sweater off. "I'm just going wear a sweater that screams 'Christmas'" Kate answered. "Ok, can you go make sure the others didn't throw up some mistletoe or something?" Azu started to put all her sweaters away. "Ok."
  It took two whole hours to convince the girls in the dorm to put down the five different mistletoes in the main room. "Guys I get it's your thing but five? Really? You might as well hang one up under everyone's door." Azu said as she tookdown the fourth one. "I have more-" "No!" Kate and Azu yelled in unison. "Now where's the fifth one?" Kate asked as she helped Azu down. "Fifth? We only hung up four." A girl said. "You guys said there were five." Azu said. The girls went quiet. "We gotta find that mistletoe." Kate said.
  Its been hours and the girls had yet to find the mistletoe. On one hand, no one has fallen to the plant, but on the other, they can't track it down if no one has fallen to the plant. Azu and Kate ended up bumping into absolutely everyone and that was before the two boys even got there. "You know what? I'm done." Azu got up and started to walk away. "Wait Azu You can't!" Kate followed her. "No, if you need me, I'll be at the snack table." As soon as Azu walked away, Kate was grabbed by the other girls who started dragging her. "Umm guys I can walk... Where are we going?" Kate asked. "Your boyfriend is here!" A short girl answered. As the girls started, Kate stuttered to herself, "B-Boyfriend..? Right B- Katsuki." She said the last part aloud. "Girl, calm down, what's the-" Kate stopped the girl, "Don't you dare say those words, only bad things happen when you say those words." Kate started walking while the other girls started to follow her before, "Wait Ka-" Kate ended up bumping into Katsuki. "Huh, oh, I'm sorry Bakugou." Kate bowed. "I told you to call Katsuki." "Guess we should go." The girls left the two. "Where's Cooper?" Kate asked. "Trying to find Azu." Just then a scream was followed by laughter. "He found her." Kate said. "Yeah, anyways, here." Katsuki handed her a gift. "No, I'll feel bad." Kate handed the gift back. "It's Christmas, and I insist." "Fine, but I'm not gonna open it until tomorrow." "Open it on your last day of school for all I care." "Maybe I will." It was an awkward silence.
  "Alright then, I'll be heading out." Katsuki turned around. "Let me walk you out." Kate grabbed Katsuki's arm and started to take him to the door before they were stopped. Just then all silence fell before Katsuki looked up, "Oh great." Above them, attached to the ceiling, was the final mistletoe that the girls couldn't find. "Oh no..." A dark hair boy muttered, before covering his ears. Just then almost all the girls in the room pulled out their phones, pressed record, and started chanting for the two to kiss.
  "Guys calm down." Some blonde guy yelled out. Kate panicked, sure it was a normal tradition but with her crush that she has to act like they've done this many times? She couldn't keep her mind clear enough to think of a way to get them out of this mess.

 Kate panicked, sure it was a normal tradition but with her crush that she has to act like they've done this many times? She couldn't keep her mind clear enough to think of a way to get them out of this mess

  "I thought you promised." Cooper told Azu. "I promised, but it's a long story. Plus it works out for selling the whole 'dating' thing." Azu responded, not even looking bothered. "You seem way to calm for this whole thing." Cooper added. Azu took a sip from her red cup, "Pretty sure it's just to move the plot." "What?" "Don't worry about it."
  The fact that Kate couldn't see her two best friend anywhere nearby, made her panic even more. 'If I kiss Katsuki would he play along or just call it there? What if we kiss and he realizes that he never wants to see me again? Am I even a good kisser? Are we taking too long? What if people realize that our whole relationship is fake? What would happen to us both if the truth gets out?' As Kate rambled on inside her head, Katsuki noticed that the crowd was starting to doubt them. If they were going to believe they were dating, they would have to go all the way through. Once Katsuki muttered under his breath, he grabbed Kate's arm, the present he gave her, and kissed her. He gave back the gift, and left.
Although it was a quick kiss, Kate had barely been able to speak actual sentences. It had been a few hours and the party had died, leaving everyone in the dorm to clean up. Azu has taken Kate to her room before trying to snap her out of the trance she was in. "Hey, snap out of it. Kate, seriously, everyone already left." Kate just sat there until she grabbed her pillow and screamed into it. "Umm... I'll just get you a glass of water and maybe a tranquilizer gun." Azu quickly walked out of the room. Kate laid down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling. Her first kiss under the mistletoe, with her "first boyfriend", how was she supposed to deal with it? Everyone believed them but how much will she actually put up with it? She got ready for bed, for she didn't know any of the answers she just asked herself.

Words: 1384

Happy New Year!