Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Countdown

  Finally, Kate and Cooper met with Azu and Bakugou. "What took you so long?" Bakugou asked as he handed them a pass to leave school boundaries. "D-Don't worry about it." The two said, out of breath. "Did you guys race again?" Azu asked. "Yeah." Kate answered, heading to the gate. "Well, we should get going then!" Azu said, heading for the gate. The rest followed her.
They reached the new building, and Azu opened the door. "We should sign up for duos!" Kate yelled. When they reached the PC, Azu yelled. "I call Bakugou!" Cooper immediately yelled too, "I call Kate!" Bakugou told them to shut up and complained that he wanted to duo with Kate. "I thought winning was something big for you. Plus some friendly competition is great for relationships!" Azu said. "We're doing just fine." Bakugou said as he grabbed Kate. "Best way to strengthen a relationship is to break it for a bit." Cooper said grabbing Kate's other arm. As the two boys were fighting over Kate to be on their team, Azu signed into the computer for duos and made Kate and Cooper a team. This meant Bakugou and herself would be a team. The arm Bakugou was holding started to hurt and Kate said a simple,"Ow." This made the two stop and notice that Azu went to get the wristbands to let them in. Two were a neon green and the other two were a neon orange. Azu handed each team a color. "While you guys were reinacting a scene from a fanfiction or anime or whatever, I put our names in. Bakugou and I are the green team and Cooper and Kate are the orange team. Now let's go, it's almost our turn." Azu said grabbing Bakugou.
"You guys ready?" A lady said as she gave them each a laser tag gun, glasses, vest and a bracelet that dampens your quirk. "Yeah." Kate said, putting on the vest. As the lady was helping Azu put on the vest, a man came out from the behind the doors and asked, "So how we doing teams?" "Kate and I are a team." Cooper said as he grabbed Kate. "Cool. So then that means you two are a team?" The guy motioned to Azu and Bakugou. Azu nodded. "Alright then, let's go in." The man said as he moved the side, gesturing to enter. "Let's get going then!" Azu said skipping in. "I'm so going down." Bakugou was about to go in. "Oh Katsuki, Azu's never played before so show her some things, ok?" Kate said. "Yay." Bakugou said as he was entering the dark area. The two walked in and chose high ground to look out better at everyone. The game was about to start with big screens showing each duo as a count down began from 5.

 The game was about to start with big screens showing each duo as a count down began from 5

Now that the plan is in motion, Azu and Cooper just have to keep Kate and Bakugou far away.

Words: 504