Chapter 53 - I.E.D.

Stiles got a new crime board a few days ago, a gift from the station because it had faulty wheels, so they were told to donate it and they'd be shipped a new one.

He argued to his dad that he was the perfect donation recipient, since it would be used for our supernatural detective work.

Noah agreed if for no other reason than to just be done with the damn board yes those were his exact words

Stiles has officially upgraded from the push pins with string to a clear board that we now use colored tape to hang up and connect patterns with our pictures.

I hand him the pictures we printed out of the crimes so far committed in honor of the dead pool we uncovered death toll is rising faster than the sacrifices– which is a terrifying record to beat

I was at the lake house with Lydia, Malia, and Kira yesterday, holed up in that same room we were in when Allison's name came to us.

We were hoping to uncover the other cipher keys we will need, much to no avail as it seems because for twenty seven hours we heard nothing. The damn record player gave no sounds like it did that first night useless piece of junk

Kira and Malia looked on pitifully before they decided we needed a break.

So once I got home, showered and changed into a burgundy lightweight pullover sweater that says 'Beach Bum' across the front and my ripped light blue cut off comfy shorts, Stiles came to get me to set this up with him.

We were killing time until Scott was off work to meet us at the station so we could tell Noah what is happening, now that another name on the dead pool list showed up dead last night.

Stiles finishes with the last piece of red tape going from one picture to the other down below it before grabbing his snazzy new white erasable pen.

He uncaps it to write in a line outline of a person in the middle of the board 'The Benefactor' with a question mark in the middle of the head.

Scott texts he's on his way to the station, so with a nod at our work well done, we head out the door.

Once we're at the station, Noah raises his hands out to the side for us to start and Stiles takes a breath and begins "So, the Walcott's were the first. At least the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek and you with a Claymore mine."

I nod and connect my eyes with his as I continue "Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car"

Stiles lets out a sigh and finishes with "And then last night, twenty three year old Carrie Hudson"

Noah is looking at us like he's already aware of all of these facts, so I nod to Scott who takes the list we had printed out of his pocket and unfolds in, laying it on the desk in front of him as I fill Noah in "It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures."

Scott sets his hand on the paper and continues "This is only part of it– the rest still has to be decoded."

Noah looks over the list in front of him and points to it "Who found this list?"

"Umm, Adds did" Stiles answers as he sets his arm around my back and I lift my almost sweater covered hand up in a small sheepish wave.

Noah furrows his brows, looking between us "How?"