Shay X Fem! Reader (revised)

I try to ignore the butterflies forming in my stomach as the next customer walks in, his dark messy hair framing his face perfectly, his gold eyes focusing on the menu as he thinks of what to order.

     I try to tell my heart to calm down, but it doesn't listen, beating faster as he approaches the counter. I'm relived he didn't die in the war with fusion and my mind is reeling with questions. Like does he remember me is he doing well, how are Yuto and Lulu? Are they ok did they serve as well. I hope he remembers me we were pretty close in high school before the war. Heck I was about to confess the day the war started. Having gotten lost in my thoughts I miss his order.

     Deciding against asking for his order again, I just make him what he ordered every time he'd come here before. Coffee with a touch of creamer, and a hint of peppermint. I finish the order quickly and writing his name on the cup I hand it to him with a smile and a hope you enjoy leaving my lips before I can think of asking how he's been or if he remembers me.

     He nods in acknowledgement of my words and leaves. Guess he doesn't remember me. 

                                                                                                     ***

     Shay Pov

     Taking a sip of what I thought was tea I almost spit up the coffee which is in my cup.  Never thought I'd get my order messed up this bad in an empty coffee shop. Not that it tastes bad honestly, it's made exactly how I like it. Coffee with a touch of creamer, and a hint of peppermint. 

     Takes me back I used to always go to a cute little coffee place after dual school with Yuto it was run by the parents of one of our classmates a close friend of mine. Who I also happen to have a crush on, Yuto would tease me ceaselessly. Well, until he started crushing on Lulu at least, then he learned tease me I would tease back. He always got way more embarrassed.  

     My lips tug upward slightly at the happy memory. 

     I wonder how she's doing now. Did she make it through the war? Has her family been able to get back up on their feet after the war? Did she loose anyone during the war?

     Actually, come to think of if that girl at the coffee shop kinda looked like her.... 

     Turning on my heel I head back to the coffee shop. 

                                                                                                         ***

(Y/N) Pov

     Hearing the bell, I turn to greet the customer, but my words get stuck in my throat when I see who walked in. It's Shay and he's kinda glaring at me. What did I do. Did I mess up his order. No. I can't think of anything else. Why is he approaching me like that, ah man this reminds me of that time Yuto tried to hide form Shay here. Still not sure if they were playing of if he was properly mad. 

     Slamming his hands on the counter he speaks, "(Y/N)?"

     I nod giving him a small smile, "Yep that's me."

     That anger? seems to leave him in an instant being replaced by a small smile, "You survived, and I get to see you again," his expression suddenly shifts to one of confusion, "Why didn't you say anything earlier?"

     "Oh, I was just kinda surprised is all it's been so long since the end of the war I was starting to think I wasn't gonna run into anyone else then you show up. Heh I was so surprised I didn't even hear your order." 

     "That explains the coffee."

    "Huh."

     "I ordered tea, but you made my usual, not that I mind still my favorite. Just never thought the amazing barista (Y/N) would ever mess up an order tho," Shay replies with a teasing smile. 

     "I mess up nothing mister you just failed to order properly," I say with a huff.

     "If you say so Miss. Amazing Barista," Shay smirks, "It's been a while since we hung out after your shift you wanna grab a bite catch up?"

     I swear I can almost see a blush on his face but I can't quite tell besides he wouldn't be blushing cause of me he just thinks of me as a friend but catching up does sound wonderful, 

     "Yeah see you at five then."