Evil shows his face

I was so overjoyed that I couldn't stop smiling. I had relieved myself of the weight of my secret leg.

And the best part was that everyone accepted me and treated no different than before I revealed my prosthetic.

It felt good to not have to hide my leg anymore, and I think Luna was happy too.

We were walking along a rocky path that led to the top of infinity mountain.

"This place could really use a good bus stop." Joe complained, falling to his knees.

"Yeah, but it looks like we're at the end of the line." Matt said.

"We're doomed. Trapped on an island. We'll never make it out of here alive." Joe groaned.

I laughed at his over exaggeration, "Calm down, Joe, we'll get home soon enou-" my words were halted when I felt something whiz by.

Turned around and saw the slightest bit of black fly through the clear blue skies. My hands shook as the black object flew downwards.

"Raya, are you okay? You've been staring off into space." Luna said, tearing me away from the sky.

I sighed and nodded, "Yeah, I just thought I saw something. Nothing to worry about.

I sat down against a rock and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep. It was strange really, I didn't even feel tired and yet here I was, falling asleep like nothing

But my dreams showed me something strange.

It was sunset, the once beautiful blue skies being dyed with colors of the setring sun.

There was a large digimon that resembled a lion sitting next someone who was very much smaller than him. If the small person could, they would fit on digimon's shoulder.

The smaller person's face was hidden from me, since their back was facing me. But they were also covered by a large white cloak and hood with a strange symbol on the back.

"Leomon, why are you so protective of me?" The smaller figure asked

"I am sworn to protect the digidestined from any harm that may come your way." The newly named Leomon answered, his voice low and rough.

"Is that what I am? A digidestined?"

"In a way, yes you are. But you are also something else."

"And what's that?"

"You are something never before seen in the digital world. You were given a digimon partner long before you supposed to be given one. And you also possess strange abilities that can be unlocked by your partner."

"Do you mean Moonmon and that weird magic thing I can do?"

Leomon nodded, "Yes, that's why I must protect both you and the future Digidestined when they arrive."

"When will they come?"

"Soon, little friend, very soon."

"Raya. Raya wake up." I heard someone say. I opened my eyes and saw Matt in front of me.

"Matt? What's wrong?" I mumbled half asleep.

"There's a digimon here." He said. I stood up and looked over to where he was pointing.

On the it her side of the path stood a large digimon with scars, muscles and a mane of yellow.

I gasped, recognizing the digimon from my dream.