The Piximon Cometh

Aftet the whole fiasco with the Numemon, Kockatrimon and Mimi getting her crest of sincerity, we were finally back on track.

Although, I could feel slight tension between Agumon and Tai. It was as if they were scared about something.

"Raya.." Tk said, clenching my hand tightly, "Do you think you'll ever transform into that dark form again?" He asked.

I sighed and looked dowm at him reassuringly, "I doubt that'll ever happen again, Tk. None of us would let it."

Tk smiled and jumped happily. Matt was smiling too, but mostly at the fact that Tk was happy and that I was able to make him happy.

I turned around, smiled and waved at Matt, but he quickly turned away with red cheeks.

Confused a little, I shrugged and turned back to the desert path we were following.

"Okay, I admit a little breeze would be nice, but it's still a beautiful day, don't you think Agumon?" Tai asked cheerfully.

"Yeah, maybe for a scorpion." Agumon said.

"It's beautiful, isn't it, Joe?" Mimi asked gazing upon her new crest, "And every crest we've found so far has been different."

"Yeah, but, we need to learn how to use them." Joe said.

"Or else our digimon could digivolve all messed up, right?" Sora added.

"Yeah, but none of that really matters until we find all the crests." Matt said.

"Hmm," Izzy hummed in thought, "I think you're probably right about that one, Matt. Maybe the crests' power comes from having them all."

"Well, maybe we should just ask Raya, since she's the one who can sense where they are." Tentomon suggested.

All eyes were aimed towards me. I chuckled sheepishly and rubbed the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Sorry, but you're asking the wrong girl. Just because I can sense them, doesn't mean I know a lot about them." I said, shooting down their hypothesis about me.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Tai shouted from up ahead, "If we're gonna take some downtime, we should at least find some shade."

"Oh, thanks, Tai!" Tk shouted, "We're just in the middle of an important digi-conversation about the crests and everything and then you made me forget what I was saying. You be in charge of finding the shade, we'll catch up."

Tai and Agumon looked at each other, when all of a sudden, the ground beneath the two opened and swallowed them up in a large hole.

We were all shocked, "What happened?" Tk asked.

"Something grabbed them from underneath." Joe said. Just then, something came out of the hole with Tai and Agumon.

"It's Kuwagamon!" Matt shouted. The large red digimon threw Agumon and Tai of its pincsers, shooting them off in different directions.

"Is it the same one, really?!" Izzy screamed.

"It's Kuwagamon all right, no mistaking that ugly face." Palmon said, "But he was sure bigger than the last time."

I held my arm in front of Tk and looked down at Luna on my shoulder.

"Luna, stay here and keep the others safe, I'm gonna go help Agumon." I said, she nodded and jumped down onto the sand.

"Pepper Breath!" Agumon shot out a fireball at Kuwagamon. The large digimon screamed in pain but it wasn't enough to defeat him.

"Uh, guys we've got a real problem. This is guy is much stronger than before." Agumon said backing away from the digimon.