The Gateway Home: The Crest of...

~~~Matt POV~~~

After the meeting with Myotismon, the group went to relax in the river nearby. Joe and Tai went with Mimi to the river to grab water, while the rest of us stayed with Izzy as he typed away on his laptop.

All of a sudden, Gennai appeared in front of us and Izzy went to get the others.

When they got back, we began asking questions.

"Don't keep us in suspense, Gennai. What's all this about anyway?" Tai asked.

"Well, I brought you some good news and some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?" Gennai asked.

"Save the good news for last. I hate being depressed." Joe said.

"He's a basket case anyway, let's start with the good news." I said.

"Acutally, you all look like you could use some cheering up. I've been told that another child will be joining your group."

"Another child? Who tells you these things anyway?" Sora asked.

"Well, it's someone that you'll want as a friend, and that someone is a digidestined."

We were all surprised at the mention of a new digidestined.

"Oh, I hope this new one will have a digimon that will be able to help us." Yokomon hoped.

"You and me both." Sora said.

"The important thing to remember is that all eight of you and the Digi-mage must be together, as long as you are separated, the worlds will not be in harmony with each other. Everything will go wacko, so you must find that child and the Digi-mage as soon as possible." Gennai explained.

"How do we do that?" Tai asked, "We're still looking for Raya who's being held by Myotismon as a prisoner."

Tk looked down sadly at the mention of Raya, "I really hope we find her soon." He said sadly.

"Don't worry, Tk, I'm sure well find her and this new digidestined kid." I reassured.

"I hope the new digidestined is a girl my size so we can swap clothes." Mimi said happily.

"Tell us more about this kid, like what's his or her name." Tai said.

Gennai hummed in thought, "Uh.. The name?"

"Yeah."

"It's... I forgot."

We all shouted in shock and confusion, stumbling over our own feet.

"Calm down, I do know the location of the child. It's Japan." He said, surprising us all again.

"Japan?" Tai repeated.

"Where is Japan?" Gabumon asked.

"Japan's a big island in the far east." Agumon answered.

"Tai and Agumon were transported there when our worlds converged." Izzy clarified.

"Hmm... if they ever converge again then maybe we'll be able to go back home." Joe wondered aloud.

"Remember that was the good news." Gennai said.

"Yeah, so what's the bad news?" Tai asked.

"Myotismon has heard of the eighth child and will be going to Japan soon, taking the Digi-mage, Raya, with him. He's gathering his forces as we speak. If he gets to the child first, then both our worlds will be doomed."

"What about Raya?" I asked, "What'll happen to her if we don't stop Myotismon?"

Gennai looked down depressingly, "I'm afraid that if Myotismon is not stopped and he gets ahold of the eighth digidestined child, then Raya will not be able to summim her crest."