Arrival of SkullGreymon

Aftet we said goodbye to thr Koromon, we continued our journey to find the crests.

"Say, Luna, what do you think my crest will be?" I asked my partner.

She hummed in thought before smiling.

"I think it'll be a great crest!" She exclaimed happily.

"Lunamon's right." Gabumon said from my left, "If anyone deserves to have a crest, it's you, Raya."

I thanked them for their compliments and pulled my cloak over my head to shield myself from the blistering heat of the desert.

"Oh, how much longer do we have to walk?" Mimi whined.

"Until Etemon can't follow us anymore." Joe said.

"I don't think there is such a place."

"Mimi may be right, Joe." I said, "Didn't you see how Etemon pulled his dark network out of the ground like that?"

"Well, we definitely can't stop here in the middle of nowhere." Matt said, "For one thing, if we were attacked, there'd be no olace for us to run to."

"Well, maybe Raya can transform like she did earlier and fly us out of here." Tk proposed.

I chuckled and gently patted his head, "I don't think that would work, Tk."

"Why not?" The boy asked.

"The only digimon who can fly are Tentomon and Biyomon, and they don't have enough strength to fly even one person. And if I change forms again so soon, I don't think I'll have enough strength to carry all of you."

Tk looked down sadly, thinking that his plan was good, but didn't think too much of the downsides to it.

Pretty soon, everyone besides Matt, Tai, Tk and me were collapsed onto their knees in the hot sand.

Tai turned around with fiery determination in his eyes.

"Hey, come on you guys, why'd we stop?" He asked, "Why is everyone so scared?"

Tai pulled out his tag and crest for all to see, "After all, we do have the crest you know."

"That's true, but do we really know if the crest will help Agumon digivolve?" Matt asked.

"Of course, right Agumon?" Agumon looked up at his partner, unsure of what he should say.

"Come on, buddy, this is your big chance don't let me down. You're the only one that can digivolve further, so either you try to get to the next level and save us from Etemon, or I'll go and get myself a new digimon."

"Tai that's enough!" I shouted, stomping up to the boy of courage.

"How dare you put all this pressure on Agumon? Look at him, your yelling is scaring him and don't you remember when Agumon first digivolved from Koromon to Agumon? He said it was a difficult process, you can't rush it. Especially like this." I said.

Tai growled and quickly changed the subject, "By the way, how are we supposed to use the crests to digivolve again?"

"Well, from we've experienced with the other digivolutions, it takes a lot of energy. For example, they can't digivolve if they're hungry. In addition, the partner of the digimon must be in some sort of danger. You know, like being under attack or something." Izzy explained.

"But since it's a higher level of digivolving, my theory is that even more energy is needed. So we'll provide the food, Etemon will provide the danger." Tai said leaning towards Agumon, whom shied away in fear and worry.