Search

The sands were still as we stared at the last spot where Tai and MetalGreymon stood.

"They're gone." Sora whispered.

"But, where did they go?" Matt asked.

We were all silent, since we had no answer.

All of a sudden, the adrenalin I had coursing through my body faded, adn the pain from my leg shot full force.

"Argh!" I cried, falling down and clutching my leg in pain. Tk, Matt and Luna heard my cries of pain first and rushed to my side.

"Raya!" The three of them shouted in worry, kneeling next to me.

"What's wrong?" Matt asked.

"My... My leg!" I sais through gasps of pain.

Sora gasped as she recalled the events from the pyramid.

"Raya, you said that..." She trailed off.

"What?" Joe asked, "What happened in that pyramid?"

"Datamon wanted to get Raya's power, but when he couldn't get it and she refused ti be used by him... he pulled hard on her leg... and..... She never cried!" Sora burst into tears sobbing between her words, "And then.... when Tai came to rescue us, we were about to fall into a large pit.... and I grabbed onto her leg, making it worse. I'm so sorry!"

I looked up from my leg and towards the crying orange-haired girl and smiled through the pain.

"It's okay, Sora. I just need my tools and I'll be good as new." I said looking down at Luna, "Can you get me my tools in my bag?"

Luna was hesitant to leave my side, but nodded and ran to the sands to get my abandoned bag.

She returned to my side with my bag in record time.

"I've got it." She said, I gratefully took the bag and dug into it, "What do you need to do?"

I took out my tools and threw my bag to my side next to Matt.

"I can tell that right now... I need to tighten the nerves back into the leg." I said, surprising Tk, Matt and Joe, while confusing the digimon, Sora, Mimi and Izzy.

"What does that mean?" Gabumon asked.

"Matt, Tk... I need you guys to help hold me down for a minute or two." Tk and Matt were terrified. They remembered what would happen. They were given a slight lecture about this type of situation when I was released from the hospital.

"And Joe..." I turned towards the shaking, nervous boy and handed him one of the tools from my bag.

It was a small crank used to tighten my leg to my nerves. This had only happened one other time, and I knew the pain that would follow this procedure.

"I need you to tighten the leg."

"Wha- What are you talking about?" He sputtered.

"This procedure is easy and quick. All you need to do is place the crank in the designated bolt slot and twist it two times to the right." I explained as I placed the crank in his hand.

"No matter how much I move or scream, you need to focus on the cranking. If you crank it more or less than two times, it will either be too loose, or too tight, which is bad."

Joe shook nervously, almost terrified that he might do something wrong.

"I-I-I can't do this!" He stuttered, "I don't have the license for this, nor do I really know what I'm doing."

I smiled up at the dark haired boy, silently reassuring him that everything would be just fine.

"You'll do great. A little kid could do this. All you have to do it place the crank in its slot and twist two times."