Sea-Sick and Tired

My tears had dried after Pixiemon had helped us escape. I was terrified for the digimon, but I understood that this was what he wanted.

We were our world and the Digital World's only hope. That was why he did this. And I was going to stay strong for all the sacrifices our friends had given us.

Matt kept me close to him as we floated around in that bubble barrier Pixiemon made, a fog had come in a little while after and we just waited for it to end.

Suddenly, after a while longer of floating, the barrier floated us to the ground and disappeared.

"Hey, look the fog is finally clearing up." Tai said, and true to his word the fog began to lift.

"Great, now we can clearly see that we're lost." Joe groaned.

As the fog became thinner and thinner, I took a look at my surroundings. There was a large body of water in front of us, and the sand beneath our feet was in a gray color scale, same with the cliffs behind us.

"It's more productive to think of ourselves as on our way, Joe." Izzy said.

"Yeah, I feel better already." Matt said bitterly. I elbowed his stomach, both making him go quiet and releasing me from his embrace. It was cold yet again.

"Will you stop that?" Matt asked as he groaned in pain. I shook my head and playfully glared at him.

"Not until you fix that bitter tone of yours." I said, half joking and knowing that this was how he was. That's what I liked about him.

"All I know is that I'm getting pretty hungry." Tk said.

"And I'm getting cold." Kari added. I smiled and walked up to the two, taking off my cloak and wrapping it around their shoulders.

Kari smiled and snuggled into the warm cloth while the two leaned against me as I sat down on the sand.

"But everybody's okay, right?" Tai asked, "Besides being hungry and cold and lost."

"Don't forget frightened, tired and worried about Pixiemon." Sora added, reminding us about our recent loss.

"Otherwise we're fine." Matt said, then looked out towards the water.

Suddenly, I got a strange sensation rin through me. I looked back at our surroundings and noticed that in some places, this seaside looked very familiar.

"Anybody else getting a strange sense of familiarity?" I asked.

Izzy nodded and looked around, "Yeah, it feels like we've been here before." Just then, his eyes widened when he looked down the beach and saw something in the distance.

"Wait a minute, look!"

We followed his gaze and saw the answer to our sudden familiarity to this area. It was a pile of smashed metal, but that was only at first glance. If you looked closer, you could see wires and signs.

"Those smashed up phone booths!"

We all gasped in shock.

"You don't think they could be the same ones, do you?" Sora asked.

"Of course!" Tai exclaimed, "I can't believe it. This whole time we thought we were making all this progress, but now it looks like we've just been traveling in one big circle."

"So we've just been around in one big circle, huh?" Matt asked as we began to walk along with shoreline, "Makes the whole thing seem kinda pointless, doesn't it?"

"Calm down, Matt. Maybe there was a reason we've traveling like this." I said.

"Raya's right. Maybe the pointlessness of it is the whole point." Sora said.