Digi-mage

A small child opens their eyes to see that they were not at home in bed. The scene before the child was that of a forest and in front of them was a cave.

Curiosity took hold of the child as they walked into the cave. It wasn't long before the child found a large lavender egg covered white stars. Amazed by the egg's beauty and size, the child picked it up.

All of a sudden, the cave was engulfed with white light. The child closed their eyes and when they opened them again, there stood before them a strange creature.

The creature was tall and covered in scarves and robes. Their hands were large and had long claws, but their face wasn't visible. Only their eyes, large hands and boots were visible.

The creature stared at the child, smiling behind the scarf that covered their face.

"Dear child, thank you for releasing me." The creature said, "My name Grangermon, and I was sealed away by the darkness that plagues my home."

The child looked around the cave, "This place is your home?" They asked, "This doesn't seem like a very comfartable place to live."

Grangermon chuckled and knelt down to the child's height, "Yes, I suppose this place is a little uncomfortable to live in. But, I must stay here, for I protect something precious to this world."

"What do you protect?" The child asked.

Grangermon pointed to egg the child held, "I was out here to protect this digiegg. Although, I was sealed away by darkness itself, so I was only able to watch the digiegg, and not protect it as I should."

"What was the darkness? And where am I exactly?"

"You are in the Digital World, home of the digital monsters, or digimon. I, myself am a digimon."

"So, this isn't Earth?"

"No, dear child, it is not."

"Why was I brought here? And what happened with that weird light thingy?"

"You were brought here for a special mission. To claim your digimon partner and form bonds with strong digimon to gain power and help prepare you to fight the darkness in the future with others just like you."

The child stared in wonder at the digimom in front of them, confused but amazed at the tale they told.

"So, what's with this egg?" The child asked.

"The egg you hold carries your digimon partner. A powerful digimon in her own way, but also very shy and can feel emotions very well."

Grangermon stood up and stretched out his hand, "come with me, there is something I must show you."

The child before the digimon was always taught to not go with strangers, but for some reason, the child could feel that they weren't evil or bad. In fact, the child felt as if they knew that this digimon.

So with a little hesitation, the child reached out their hand and took Grangermon's hand.

Grangermon led the child down deeper into the cave, but instead of it getting darker, the cave began getting lighter the further they walked.

The child gasped in amazement as the once dark walls of the cave became white and smooth.

When Grangermon stopped walking, they saw in front of them a set of clothes.

A white cloak with a hood and beautiful lavender cloth with gold designs. There was also a beautiful stone that sat upon the lavender clothes.