No More Games

We continued to fire from the top floor at Puppetmon, who had just returned to his mansion. The digimon ran up to the mansion, his hammer in hand and his face in a scowl.

"Take that!" Deramon shouted as he fired off the next cannonball, "Here he comes! He's getting closer.

"Well, we are firing at him." Floramon said as she loaded the next round.

We stood behind them as they fired, watching both amazement and confusion.

"I bet they don't invite Puppetmon to their birthday parties." Tai commented.

"I think it's a good thing they're releasing their hostility." Sora added. I nodded and smiled at the digimon. It was good to have new allies in this fight for the digital world.

Suddenly, the wave of dizziness washed over me again, this time, a little stronger than before. I held my hand to my head, feeling the warmth my skin was giving off. Was I getting sick?

"Raya, are you all right?" Tk asked, looking up at me and seeing my shaking fingers held to my head. I looked down at the small boy and nodded, smiling best I could.

"Dont worry, Tk. It's just a headache. Nothing to worry about." I said, hoping to calm his worries. I couldn't tell him about what I was feeling. We had bigger things to worry about. It can wait, and I just hoped I wouldn't be an inconvenience to the team.

Puppetmon ran closer and closer to the house, his rage so hot that his wooden body would've probably burst into flames.

"Get out of there now!" He shouted.

Deramon and Floramon looked out the window, then screamed before running away in terror.

"Guys, we'd better take the fight downstairs." I said. Everyone nodded in agreement and we ran down the stairs as fast as we could.

"You guys know you're not allowed upstairs, my room is off limits!" Puppetmon yelled, "Plus I hate sharing my toys!"

Gatomon jumped onto the cannon and looked down at Puppetmom with a catty smirk.

"I say you need to learn a little more about good manners." She taunted, "We're not hurting anything except maybe you."

Tai and Agumon kicked the door wide open, putting us face to face with Puppetmon.

"We've had it with you Puppetmon! You're toast!" Tai yelled.

"So now you wanna play, huh?" Puppetmon asked, "How 'bout a game of follow the leader?" He turned around and began running away.

"Come back here you puny toothbrush!" Tai shouted as we ran after him. I had a bad feeling about us following him, but I knew we had to catch him to beat him. He always had tricks up his sleeve, and I didn't want anyone to be in the other end.

Only after a minute of running, we came face to face with some ugly red digimon. They sprouted from the ground like weeds, laughing at us as they came to the surface and surrounded us.

"Huh? It's a trick!" Agumon exclaimed.

"Not our best move." Gatomon mumbled.

"Luna, who are these digimon?" I asked.

"They're Redvegimon, nasty little weeds that love to cause mischief. They're chili pummel attack will leave you with serious heartburn." Luna answered with a harsh bite in her words.

Puppetmon fell to the ground and laughed at his successful trap.

"Well put, punk!" He shouted with joy, "See, Tk? I have friends after all. Problem is, they dont like you. And what they don't like, they destroy."