The Prisoner of the Pyramid

As we walked alomg through the desert, I couldn't help but think back to what Piximon told me about my role in tuis adventure.

I would be a target the longer we stayed in this world, so that means I would have to be stronger than I currently am.

I had to protect my friends no matter what.

We walked along and soon found ourselves surrounded a strange device connected to a black wire belonging to Etemon's dark network.

"What is it Izzy, some kind of power generator?" Tai asked.

"Even better, Etemon has hardwired the entire desert creating an extensive computer network." Izzy explained, "My guess, this is one of his remote data access terminals."

"Great, let's crash it."

"It could be a booby trap." Sora suggested.

"If it is Etemon's, I say we cross the wires and mess it up good." Matt said.

I looked back at the terminal and saw nothing out of the ordinary as Izzy hooked up his computer.

"Whatcha doing, Izzy?" I asked.

"I wonder if our computers have compatible systems." Izzy mumbled, "And if they do, I can connect with Etemon's network."

Tk walked up behind Izzy looking over his shoulder and seeing something on Izzy's screen.

"Hey, you've got mail." The small boy said.

"That was quick. Who even knows that I've logged on?" Izzy pondered.

"Oh, no, it's Etemon." Joe said groaning.

"You never know, Joe. It could be and yet it couldn't." I said.

"Open it, it's probably just spam." Tai said.

Izzy did as told but it wasn't spam, it was actually a distress message from a robotic sounding person or digimon.

The digimon said that he was being held prisoner and if anyone came and helped him escape, he would lead them to a crest.

"Do you think he's for real?" Sora asked, "I mean, who could it be?"

"I don't know, but Raya can tell where a crest is, so if this guy is telling the truth, then she would be able to tell." Tai said.

After a small dicussion and vote, we decided to head towards the source of the distress signal.

"Oh, I don't like this. I don't like this one little bit. I don't like the look of it. I don't like the smell of it. I don't like-" Joe overly worried.

"Oh, you're gonna have a brain cramp, Joe." Mimi interrupted, "You're turning green around the edges."

"Yeah, somebody asked for our help, we've at least gotta check it out." Tai said.

"Izzy, how much farther?" I asked.

"According to my laptop, we should be getting close." He answered.

All of a sudden, my chest began to grow warm and I stood still as a pale yellow glow surrounded me.

At the same time, Tk's tag began to glow making the young boy loght up with excitement.

"Hey, look!" Tk said catching everyone's attention.

"It's glowing." Matt pointed out.

"And Raya's glowing too!" Luna said happily, "His crest is nearby."

I turned to my left and started walking. Tokomon, who stood by Tk's feet, quickly ran to my side as I stopped in front a large stone.

"Tk!" Tokomon shouted, "Come look over here!"